reatta lover needs help....

HELP!! I am seeking a ballpark price for my '90 red and tan baby, she is a coupe with 55k all done by myself with care and love. Now, with the kids a two seater is a thing of the past or possible future. What do you guys think should be the price for this one, not quite mint but close. Should I sell or keep for the future? confused.gif" border="0

Hi Frank,<BR>Since I refered you here from the general chat, I'll give my opinion. One similar to yours and same mileage just sold for $6900. Mine is also the same with 58k miles, but I won't sell for much more, still have the fever! I would save the car for when the kids are older and you need a(peaceful)break.<BR>Come on you guys, give Frank your opinion.

Thanks Ray......at that price, I think I would say the same. I enjoy the car and would hate to give it away! Looks like a tough market for these beauties...

If you have the garage space for it, keep it, you could also look into getting collector's insurance which would allow you to continue to use it at a very modest cost; you are only allowed like 3,000 miles a year under collector's insurance, but as a new parent, I would think that would be a lot of mileage for you to manage to put on your Reatta in between diaper changes. grin.gif" border="0

Hey Ray..I didnt know you can get collectable insurance for our cars, I thought it was strictly for the older collectables. Sounds like the weekend drives might get fewer and fewer but they are still with me. Do you know of any good dealer mechanics or regular mechanic to work on this baby in the morris county area of jersey?

I have used J. C. Taylor (http://www.jctaylor.com/Antique/antique.html) for many years. While their insurance is primarily for cars over 20 years old, they do make exceptions for "special interest automobiles". I have my Reatta on my "normal cars" policy since may drive it more than 2500 miles/year.<P>Keep in mind that JCT only insures cars kept in fully enclosed, securable garages.

RE: collectible car insurance rates. I have been able to get very good "collectible car limited use" rates from State Farm. The newest car receiving this rating from State Farm is a 1984 GMC Caballero - one stored a great majority of the time and driven perhaps 1,000 to 1,250 miles per year. A Reatta may be too new for this rate, but maybe not. I first got this rate in the year 2000, when the car was 16 model years old.

Frank I have a brother who lives in Mendham NJ. Once while visiting my 90 Reatta had the hard brake pedal develop. I had just had the same problem (fixed?) at the local dealer 3 days prior. I went to Jim Salerno's in Randolph NJ and the mechanic noted the failure history. He had enough sense to contact the factory and they suggested that he check the wire harness resulting in a spread pin being found and repaired. This was in 94 and the rate was $61/hr. tongue.gif" border="0

I bought my 90 coupe 30 days ago for 6000. It had 61k and is in excellent shape. They were asking over 8000 for it but they needed to to sell. I got an excellent deal! Price depends on how bad someone needs to sell and how bad someone wants to buy!

The car is going to stay with us, after hearing the current levels that they trade at I can't let her go for that. My old camaro was trading at that level a few years ago and now it's up there in value. Plus I really like this car, it is a pleasure to drive and i hated to get rid of her. Now we have to get a reatta club going.<BR> smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0