Optima Battery 6 Volt

its a V-12

Has anyone had good, bad or indifferent experience with a 6 volt Optima battery. I have this ongoing problem with my traditional 6 volt battery "spitting" which is resulting in damage to the splash pan paint, as well as, the battery tray, in my "48 Lincoln Cont. Thinking about buying an Optima and have it put in a tar case. Would appreciate your input.

I have a 6-volt Optima in my 50 Cadillac and one in my 53 Hudson.They are 3years old and are great,and worth the money.However check what the current draw is on the car that you will be installing the battery in.Optimas pack a large punch i.e.,they have a high current capicity and if you put a battery kill switch like the "green Wheel" type the current will be restricted.These switches are only rated for 250 amps,and that is not enough for some GM cars.If this is the car that you have ,I suggest that you put a "knife"style switch in as a kill switch.I also have a hollow tar top box that the battery sits in. The battery box comes in two styles for group 2.Check the position of the terminals so as the cables will be in the correct position.Ron