Doesn't this just make you mad ?

Bill Stoneberg

I have been hit by lots of things traveling the roads of Houston. I have rock pits and scratches from cans bouncing out of the backs of trucks but yesterday I got hit by something new.

I was on the way to a Toys for Tots event when a brown bouncing clump hit the front of my '47. Made a noise and went SPLATT ! I had no idea what it was until I passed a trailer full of Bulls going to a rodeo. When i cleaned it off, I knew the smell.

At least I won the 50/50 pot at the show and the Toys for Tots got lots of toys.

Guest imported_MrEarl

sounds like a bundh of BS to me.

However I've never heard of BS bouncing. HS maybe.. Any chance it was the horse trailer in front of it? . Typically BS just goes splat. However I'm sure there are more individuals on here more familiar with this subject than I. grin.gif

"What a bunch of BS.."

Priceless grin.gifgrin.gif

A couple years ago, I hit a vey large bird (the size of a goose) and I initially thought it was a cardboard box. My passenger positively ID'ed it as a bird. It was at night and we were travelling through the Missouri river valley. I looked at it the next morning, and there were feathers stuck in the grille of my 71 LeSabre. shocked.gif

Guest 53Nailhead

Hit a tumbling battery cover that fell of a semi once... no damage to our car as it went off to the side but did some major damage to others!

Guest 1964 225 Roadster

"Typically BS just goes splat. However I'm sure there are more individuals on here more familiar with this subject than I."

Are you all going to let MrEarl get away with that statement? Everything I've been reading on these forums for the past year or so tells me he is right up near to the top of the list on being qualified on this subject....

Guest imported_Thriller

That may be why nobody is taking him up on his offer of claiming to know BS better than MrEarl grin.gif

I'd better be careful...he may try to slap me around in Rochester if I keep this up... cool.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

All I can say is don't ever pull up beside a live chicken hauler with your windows down.(and if you live in Georgia, it's gonna happen) You would not believe the range a chicken has from about 8 feet up. And it's definitley a "spalattt".

Guest Straight eight

Don't think I ever heard what was wrong with the 47 on the way to the Nationals, and what had to be replaced, and what was the cause. confused.gif

What was wrong with the 47...

A darn 15 cent rivet broke. The 15 cent rivet held the hub of the clutch to the clutch plate. It also held all those springs in. Once the rivet broke, I had no clutch. I had springs all over the place and it locked the clutch up.

I replaced the clutch and pressure plate when I rebuilt the engine. I replaced them again tis fall.

Car runs fine and drives good now. Thanks for asking. We will see what kind of trouble I can get into going to Minnesota this next year.

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like you know way too much about bs, hs & cs. tongue.gifwink.gif </div></div>

Yes, more than I need to know. Must be the company I keep... In case of the chicken truck, much more than anybody wants, needs or deserves to know. The next time I was confronted with the situation of ending up beside a stopped chicken truck I almost got rear ended trying to stop before I got beside it.

Now I tell you what will ruin a nice paint job quicker than anythin. A flock of grackles after feasting on blackberries.

Ok this is enough. Can we get back to Bills original thread of bull. I can hear him now, innocently snickerin and sayin "look what I got started!!!"

Guest imported_Thriller

Mule muffins...to quote my favourite TV Colonel...we're just getting started.

So Lamar, what is goat defecant typically called? There's cow patties, rabbit raisins, and almost everything in between....

I must be tired.

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mule muffins...to quote my favourite TV Colonel...we're just getting started.

So Lamar, what is goat defecant typically called? There's cow patties, rabbit raisins, and almost everything in between....

I must be tired. </div></div>

So what is goat defecant typically called you ask...If you think you're gonna get me to say "GS" on a Buick forum you must be outa your mind. And it's cow pie, not cow patties...Geeez you nawtherners

Guest 1964 225 Roadster

So, does Buffalo do-do (chips) have anything to do with the California Highway Patrol?

(Note: This is relevant because Broderick Crawford drove a '55 Century.)