Climate controls seem to be stuck.

Dixonsreatta

Hi, newbie here, in Kaneohe, HI. Great board and looking to be more independent with this wonderful car. (90 Reatta coupe we just bought and are learning the tweaks.

Climate control problem is that the few commands accepted: switching between Auto and Econ and OFF. Fan down only until now I am stuck at 60 degrees. (Could be worse, I am in Hawaii and it could be stuck @ 90 degrees.)

This one has come on over the course of two weeks. Random funniness then here we are with the blower blasting cold air or warm air in Econ mode or OFF. Is there a way to "reset" the defaults for the climate controls?

Thanks in advance

Dixon

I had the same problem several years ago. The temperature control would occassionally only go down, not up. All other controls seemed to work normally. I took Barney Eaton's advice and took the control head apart to clean all of the contacts. It does come apart on the bench and I polished the contacts with an eraser and then cleaned with alcohol. Has worked perfectly for 10+ years.

Could be in some cases although that was not the case with me. My air conditioned worked fine, just the buttons on the ECC would not switch it. Wouldn't go to heat, wouldn't go to econ, wouldn't go to bi-level or def.. Would only go on a/c, and then only if I pushed the temp button down. Basically, the temp, fan, and off buttons are the only ones that worked.