Headlights

reattcha

Have a problem w/ the headlights going up. Found the plastic 'rollers' are now dust. Can anyone direct me to where I might find some? Buick is willing to sell the assembly, if they have it. [Did'nt ask the price] All I need are the the rollers 6pcs---Thanks

Guest tempest68

Join the club...just started happening to us too.

I have an email into Barney for mine (dont know of he's home or on the road at Buick events). I'd suggest doing the bellcranks at the same time while you're futzn with it anyways.

Double check your bellcranks, if all you need are the rollers, your best bet is Ecklers part number 29304 @ $4.95 plus shipping for three. (800-327-4868)

I don't normally sell the rollers by themselves, only in the bellcrank KIT.

The bellcrank KIT includes a steel bellcrank, three rollers, and a plastic up-stop nut for $40.00 per side including shipping.

Guest tempest68

Howard,

I read your detailed write-up on the process. Thank You for doing so, as it lets me know what I'm in for.

I (briefly) considered buying new parts from GM just because it would be slightly faster to disassemble/reassemble. But after checking the prices and finding that two kits from Barney at $80.00 total was way cheaper than $600.00 to GM, it makes the time involved in doing Barney's kit worth it regardless of how long it might take!

If I'm in the mood, I may even take digital photos as I do mine, and maybe between your write-up and Barney's instructions the photos would be a good addition to that info.

It's not hard at all. Just takes a little time. Having done one, I would guess that doing my passenger side, I could get it done somewhat faster. My biggest problem was with the shaft that holds the cover in place on the white gear. By tapping it back into place, I must have messed it up somehow. I was simply unable to get the nut to go back on it. I did get it done by makeshift means, but all is well at the moment. As you see, by doing it yourself, you save more than a little "coin". Good luck