Random Jibby Update

Jibby

Hello Folks,

I haven't been on the forum, in a while. I've been busy with so much stuff. Was at the Batavia meet of the BCA, and I was glad that I saw, a lot of Reattas. I even joined the BCA and the Reatta Division! My father and I had fun. It was good, because we haven't spent quality time with each other, in probably 15+ years.

Might be moving to Washington State, as I've grown tired of the Northeast and it's people. It's not a nice place, nor are it people, on a whole...

I've been here my whole life... a whole 25 years, and I've realized that I'm, slowly, turning rotten inside, just like the rest of these lemmings. It's time for a change, you know?

I'll miss the few, that were good people, but as I've said, it's a precious few. I'm sure, that some of you northeasterners, will agree.

I believe, that I will now waste my income, on getting my Reatta in shape, for the trip. For those of you, who remember, it was only minor stuff that needed to be replaced/fixed.

Some of the stuff, is on the way, from eBay, at this moment. You really can get a lot of deals on eBay, with the Reatta stuff. I'll have to check with ReattaDudes, for the rest of the stuff, as he has everything that you could really need, for the car. He's also been a help in the past, through e-mails, with many things. A good guy, a good company.

I think that I'll clean it's resident spiders off, tomorrow... or rather, later today. I'm going to need sleep... it's been an insomniac's nightmare, for the last seven days.

Actually, I'm going to need to get gasoline, for it, as well. Once that is completed, it'll go to my resident Buick dealership, for all the maintainence needs, that I can't take care of, by myself.

Rea Motors (Buick), in Port Jervis, NY... it's a small family business, and they've been great to us. Bought a 2000 Regal and a 2005 Terraza, from them, within the last four months. The "old lady" of the business, has a mint 1990 convertible, w/original tires, that she uses as a dentist car... apparently, she only takes it out, when she goes to the dentist. Red w/saddle interior and convertible top. They have it sitting in garage section now, but it used to be in the showroom. Reatta's don't sell, apparently, so they put it in the back. Gotta make room, for models that are still made. I should take some pictures, for you people. Camera phone, it's a wonderful thing!

Anyway, this message is getting long, and quite possibly boring, so I'll leave off here, and say good morning, to all of you.

Yours Aye,

Bill Wade

PS: I have created a Buick Reatta Group, on MySpace. For those of you, who are MySpace members, feel free to join. tongue.gif

MySpace - Buick Reatta Group

The link will, sometimes, take you to the login page. If so, click on it, until it takes you to the correct page, the group page. Grrrrrr! mad.gif

It does sound like it is time to move on....

I know lots of people around the country and the ones from the N.E are just a nice as those anywhere. Look for the good in people and avoid the bad ones.

You will get in return what you give.

Barney,

You're probably right. It's just my opinion on the matter... and usually, it doesn't mean much, to most anyone. I'm just jaded by reality... (sigh) frown.gif

Anyway, thanks for the quick shipment, of the Headlight Repair Kit, before your trip! grin.gif

Yours Aye,

Bill

If you locate some other members on your trip west, maybe you could meet some as rest stops along the way.

Maybe even catch/enter a BCA event, en route. You could end up with a "farthest driven to show" award. Especially if it's out west!

You're in for a long, beautiful trip, don't pass-up Yellowstone, or any other national parks along the way. These are the best places to enjoy driving a Reatta.

Good folks are easier to find outside the cities, where the pace of life is less stressful. Our nation is full of good people.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope so...

I'll have to see.

I'm installing some parts later on this week. Namely, that broken driver's window motor. I have to have a "performance chip" installed, however, I'm gonna set some time aside to test out the performance of the vehicle, before I add the chip. That way, I'll know if it actually made a change.

Sounds like a good idea... the meeting stuff.

Was just out in Arizona, to slave for my friend, who's going to graduate school at U of A, in Tucson. Driving that far, in a Saturn, sucks, on a level that you cannot comprehend. No more 4 cylinder cars, with no balls. Having to pull out in front of a barreling semi... and not be able to speed out of it's path, blows. You literally have to power-shift the automatic, to get it to do anything. I think it's time for him to get a "performance chip" for his vehicle. The gearage, is horrible!

Not enough room in that car, either. I think that it was made for pigmies, and "little people". tongue.gif

By the way, Delta raped me! Horribly raped me, out of my precious cash reserves. $600.00+, for a stop-off trip, through Salt Lake City. I felt like whipping out the KY Jelly, and bending over, for the Delta Representative. Not cool, at all! Everyone boycott Delta, and their greedy ways! mad.gif

a) performance chips usually means premium gas and that is not something I will accept in daily driver. My essentially stock 88 does 0-60 in 8.4-8.5 seconds on 87 PON according to the G-Tech Pro, it just does not feel like it. What do you want ?

B) Delta is in a world of hurt from low-cost competitors like AirTran and Southwest. SLC is one of their hubs so am surprised they hit so hard for a stop over. Timing is everything.

c) Until recently Saturns were built to a price point. Have a friend with over 220,000 on one but never goes very far. Would thing the MPG would be pretty good but have never even been in one. If you want slow, try a VW camper, two can have a drag race and never break the speed limit. Just requires patience.

d)Know a lot of good people in just about every state, I just happen to be a Floridian (warm, no-income-tax state - guess Washington state qualifies for that, along the coast at least, Hanford can get quite chilly.)

I don't know, about the chip thingy, that's why I'm testing. I only put 93 or 94 grade in my vehicles, because they run better. My 2000 Regal, dies with 87. I lose gas mileage, too. It costs about $30.00 to fill up the tank. I haven't the faintest, how much it will cost to fill the Reatta. But I get about 400 miles to the tank, in the Regal, with 93 or 94.

I hope Delta dies!

His Saturn sounds like an American-made Rice Burner. It's not comfortable. It's slow, except when you hit the mid-range. It has a gas cut-off at 110MPH. It takes forever to get to 110MPH. And he has 80,000+ miles on it. Gas mileage is mediocre, for a four-cylinder. On a high-note, it does hold the road, well, for such a light car.

I lived in Florida for 5 years, and visited for many years after that, until my mother died there, this May. I hate the swamp, but Orlando, and Ft. Lauderdale are nice, on the exterior.

Once again, there are good people everywhere. There's just a preponderance of bad people, here. wink.gif

• 1 month later...

Whilst thinking out-loud, once again...

I still seem to have lost all faith in the world...

Are we all, just a waste of organic matter, or do we have a purpose?

Is my Reatta conscious, of it's existence?

Am I conscious, of my existence... or is life, just a dream?

I really like Orlando - warm, no income tax, no rust, world class airport, many many restaurants, and lotsa car clubs (two just for Corvairs). Have had to have strong discussions with my employer several times to stay here.

Of course any place lived in or visited long enought meet people tends to become appealing though am basically an east coast person and prefer to live east of the 30" rainfall line (bit west of Ft. Worth). Are a few places I just do not care for but not many.

Also my life is full to overflowing (have a backlog of several years worth of projects) which I think has a very real effect on outlook.

Long time ago I found out that depression was just chemical in nature and that made it handleable with either exotic food, intense work, or a good book. My preference is to avoid drugs, they screw up my pool game.

Oh God, pool/billiards, I remember that... but I used to do better, when I had a pitcher of beer, in my system. Now, I'm just worried about causing some jerk-off, to get pissed off, if I tap him with the pool cue.

I have too many books, but exotic food, sounds good... where's a good Japanese place around here... oh that's right, there is none!

I just did intense work today, and I feel... well, tired...

I wonder if those little bouncing Zoloft balls, are aware of their existence... or if they know, that they're just little bouncing animations. tongue.gif

My cousin has a job, in St. Petersburg, so I may be setting up shop, there, for a few years. Orlando, is only an hour away, on a good traffic day. I love Orlando... if I could, I'd <span style="font-style: italic">live</span> at the Peabody Hotel... however, that requires a large wallet, or bank account. The place they've set him up at, is sweet... what a pad... I wish, I could get a place like that, up here, for the same price. I'd be lucky to find a garbage can, in New Jersey, for $950, a month.

And then, even if I had a nice garbage can... you know, like a stainless steel one, I'd still have to pay $7,000, in taxes, for my 10ft X 10ft lot. Because... well, I don't know why... but it probably has to do, with some town councilmen, stuffing worthless green paper, in their pockets. tongue.gif

Or are we all just "cattle" left here to breed for the eminent "feeding cycle" of those who "planted" us here for future nourishment needs?

We need to be together, as humans, to fend-off the "little green guys" who will most likely conquer us in our division. There's only ONE RACE of people here,

THE HUMAN RACE!

P.S. Fish of the same species come in different colors, based upon environmental and natural selection factors. Much like our species' variations.

We're all on this planet together, and our only enemies are ourselves, and the aliens,(if they exist), we should take Jesus' advise and "LOVE ONE ANOTHER", lest we may destroy ourselves before the aliens ever get here.

The aliens, left me alone, a number of times... I guess abducting me, doesn't have any real purpose for them. tongue.gif

But we should listen to Yeshua's advice.

Whether he was the Messiah, or not, doesn't matter. He was a brilliant man... ask Pontius Pilate, he agreed with me, like 2000 years ago, before he was doubly crucified...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar

This is a reprinting of a letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar describing the physical appearance of Jesus. Copies are in the Congressional Library in Washington, D.C.

To Tiberius Caesar:

A young man appeared in Galilee preaching with humble unction, a new law in the Name of the God that had sent Him. At first I was apprehensive that His design was to stir up the people against the Romans, but my fears were soon dispelled. Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Jews. One day I observed in the midst of a group of people a young man who was leaning against a tree, calmly addressing the multitude. I was told it was Jesus. This I could easily have suspected so great was the difference between Him and those who were listening to Him. His golden colored hair and beard gave to his appearance a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about 30 years of age. Never have I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance. What a contrast between Him and His bearers with their black beards and tawny complexions! Unwilling to interrupt Him by my presence, I continued my walk but signified to my secretary to join the group and listen. Later, my secretary reported that never had he seen in the works of all the philosophers anything that compared to the teachings of Jesus. He told me that Jesus was neither seditious nor rebellious, so we extended to Him our protection. He was at liberty to act, to speak, to assemble and to address the people. This unlimited freedom provoked the Jews -- not the poor but the rich and powerful.

Later, I wrote to Jesus requesting an interview with Him at the Praetorium. He came. When the Nazarene made His appearance I was having my morning walk and as I faced Him my feet seemed fastened with an iron hand to the marble pavement and I trembled in every limb as a guilty culprit, though he was calm. For some time I stood admiring this extraordinary Man. There was nothing in Him that was repelling, nor in His character, yet I felt awed in His presence. I told Him that there was a magnetic simplicity about Him and His personality that elevated Him far above the philosophers and teachers of His day.

Now, Noble Sovereign, these are the facts concerning Jesus of Nazareth and I have taken the time to write you in detail concerning these matters. I say that such a man who could convert water into wine, change death into life, disease into health; calm the stormy seas, is not guilty of any criminal offense and as others have said, we must agree -- truly this is the Son of God.

Your most obedient servant,

Pontius Pilate

</div></div>

Please be advised, that this is a translation of the original Latin, and Jesus, as we call him today, would not have been used. Here is my original research, as to that reasoning:

<span style="font-style: italic">"Now, I seem to think that in the literal translation of this, they used the name Jesus, to substitute for the Latin name, Iesus. In Latin, there is no "J". Iesvs is a mis-translation of the Greek name, Iēsoûs. That is a mis-translation of the Hebrew name, Yeshua. Therefore, Yeshua is the real name of He, whom we call Christ. Yeshua has an actual meaning in Hebrew, whereas, Jesus, has no meaning in any language or culture."</span>

I did an entire thesis on this, at one point... if only to amuse myself, at the Western World's lack of interest, in factual and complete information, regarding the subject. grin.gif

Oh well, I've "preached" enough... and I will retire, to my bed, for some much-needed sleep.

Okay, it's Tuesday, where's the report on Hershey, Jibby?

How many Reattae? any photos? what about the corral or auction? did any Reattae sell? did you find any good Reatta swap? who else showed up? any aliens checking out Reattae? I've heard of Reatta's inter-galactic appeal.

I enjoyed your translation. Did'nt mean to minimalize THE LORD's teachings with my consice phrase, just put it in a nutshell. I'm not a poet at work, but do attempt to use "the best words in the best order" as poetry is defined. Jesus IS the greatest poet ever.

PEOPLE USE DUCT TAPE TO FIX ANYTHING - YAHWEE USED NAILS!!

And he only needed 3 to fix EERYTHING!

I didn't get to see any Reattae. In fact, I didn't see any, but the over-expensive '89, that was being sold, on Route 39.

I will have photos of the '87 GNX, that was being sold for over $50,000.

That was a honey... but not for $50,000.

There were aliens checking out the cars, but not the intergalactic kind.

The kind that have $50,000 in cash, stuffed in their pant-legs, for the right car/truck/whatever.

And then there was the DeSoto... I love the Conquistador! laugh.gif

For those of you, who are interested:

1989 Buick Reatta

150,000 Miles

Artic White w/ Burgundy

Sunroof

The car was strait. There was a small amount of body damage that occurred on the front driver's fender, where the moulding met the edge of the fender well. The owners wife can't drive, and hit the garage, while replacing the car, within.

There was a dent in the lower section of the rear bumper, from a tree stump, most probably.

The quarter panel has been repainted, apparently. I couldn't see it, but the owner knew. I don't know if it was putty'd or knocked out. But it was done well enough that I didn't notice it.

The sunroof works, as well as the lights. The car starts with no problem and idles wonderfully. The ECM is apparently intermittent, according to the owner, but it worked for me. I shut off the radio and A/C, with it.

The engine compartment it a little dirty, but can be cleaned, and attended to, with minimal effort.

Two of the hubcaps, will need to be replaced. The passenger's front wheel is slighly rusted/pitted, from someone's inability to fix the brakes, before they burned it.

The muffler, although emitting no sound, was putty'd, to pass inpection, around where the outlet meets the case.

He's asking $6,000, and I didn't have the heart to tell him that it wasn't worth that much. I figure $4,500, top end, in mint condition. I would be willing to part with $3,500, for the car, in it's present condition.

It's really all up to the buyer, but the owner was friendly, and I know the car has been for sale for two years, now. Probably because of the price tag. I have no idea, how much he's got into it, so he may be firm. He didn't seem to be firm, with me, however.

Private Message me, if you're interested in the owner's information.

He keeps it garaged, under a cover.