New user and a little information please

p47Lucky

Hello to all of you. I have a 1990 Buick reatta that has developed a leak around the rear window and I need to replace the moulding around that window. Does anyone know where i might purchase this moulding? Secondly, a fella on e-bay is advertising he can repair the instrument panel on Reattas and Rivieras for $49.00. Does anyone know about this service or the fella who is offering it? Thanks for your help and remember when better cars are built Buick will build them. Was it make or build?

Ebay

That would be the guy mentioned on this forum and is recommended.

If your molding appears to be in ok shape and is leaking I'd take it to a glass shop to see what they recommend, they might be able to fix it for about 50-100 bucks by just sealing it with urethane. The window is encapsulated and the molding cannot be replaced without replacing the window.

Jim Finn is a good source for windows or the ipc. jfinn@cpinternet.com

[color:\\"red\\"] Bob,

The window is actually loose in the mounting. I took it to a local glass guy and that is where he told me bout the moulding. With the galss being encapsulated no wonder he could not find a moulding. Thanks for the other information.

Welcome to "Wonderful world of Reatta"!

Please tell us more about your car, and include a photo.

Next, consider becoming a member of your nearest BCA chapter and join the Reatta division. You own a rare and unique automobile, maintain & cherish it and it will serve you well. Good choice on your "new" car and style of life.

Try to attend a local Buick car show, and you may meet other Reatta owners who share you fine taste in sportscars. No telling, you may even win a trophy, not too many of these cars in any area. Don't ever let anyone convince you that your Reatta is anything but a "fine example of automotive artistry, handcrafted by Buick's finest craftsmen for those with impeccable taste and style."