2004 National Meet--choice of dates?

The North Texas Chapter is putting together a proposal to host the 2004 National Meet in the Dallas area. We have a choice of two meet sites, but one is better than the other due to location, walking distance to hotels, closer to the airport, and other nearby attractions. Unfortunately, the preferred site (Arlington Convention Center) is only available the first weekend in June (June 2-6) or July 3-7 (during the 4th of July holiday). An advantage of having the meet in early June is cooler weather. But, many parts of the country will still have the kids in school then.<P>Here is your chance to influence our decision: Is June 2-6, 2004 too early a date for a BCA National Meet? Should we try to schedule a National Meet during the 4th of July holiday? It can be pretty hot in Texas in July.<P>Or should we go for the secondary location (Plano Convention center, where we had the 1996 National Meet) which is available in mid- and late June.<P>Please give us your opinion. Thanks!<P>Pete Phillips, Secretary<BR>North Texas Chapter, BCA

I personally would prefer the earlier date. I believe it would be cooler and the traffic situation on the fourth of July weekend is really something I would rather not contend with.I do not have children of school age ,so my opinion is somewhat selfish, but you asked. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0<P>PS I am glad the national meet is heading West!! Thanx Pete<p>[ 05-06-2002: Message edited by: The Old Guy ]

AMAZING!! Simply AMAZING! During my tenure on the BCA Board of Directors there was rarely a week that went bye when someone didn't ask about location and dates (timing) of the National Meets.<BR>Now, Pete Phillips comes along and offers you, the membership, a golden opportunity to post your personal opinion(s) concerning this issue and the poor guy is greeted with virtual SILENCE!<BR>Shame on you, and PLEASE don't gripe, whine, and complain if you don't agree with the final decision for 2004 if you can't find the time to offer your input.<BR>Thanks, Pete, for stepping to the plate on this subject. I, like Joe T. have grown children so going away in June is not a problem and I would personally vote for the option of cooler weather in Texas.<BR>Anyone else out there in BCA land with an opinion??<BR>Bob Leets wink.gif" border="0

Pete, my preference would be mid or late June<BR>4th of July weekend probably would not work for me.<BR>Cleon

I like the early June Dates. It sure gets hot in July. It also would not conflect with the Great Lakes Regional which usually is in July.

Guest my3buicks

I like the early for a change. Summer is usually such a hectic time, it would be nice to have something earlier.

I also vote for the early date. I have always wished we could have a National at a time when it wasn't 110 degrees in the shade. Who knows....taking the kids out of school a couple days for the car show experience might get them more interested in the hobby! Thanks for polling us.

The July dates work best for me. However I am probably one of the few BCA members with kids still in elementary and high school. Also I am less likly to be traveling on my job over the 4th.<P>I would find a way to attend in Dallas no matter what the date.

Plano was one of the best BCA layouts i have atended.There was lots of room/parking/vender space/ show car space/rest rooms/place to cool of/and a very friendly atmosphere.Mid june is an exelant choice and most of the kids should be out of school by then. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

My Vote: June date (Still hotter than the hubs of hell in Texas)<P>Has Fairbanks or a 'cool' mountain town in Colorado ever hosted a National Meet?<BR>(Just thinkin' COOL thoughts) grin.gif" border="0<p>[ 05-07-2002: Message edited by: GR8 53 Roadmaster ]

Pete,<BR>Considering we are already in the Mid 90's and its only the beginning of May, I vote for as early as you can get it. Summer cars shows are way too warm. Have you thought at all about a April or October show ? Given the choices, I choose June.<p>[ 05-08-2002: Message edited by: Bill Stoneberg ]

Pete Make should it doesn't conflict with a AACA national in that part of the USA I would go for the june date