September Bugle-BCA Nationals! Cool!

BUICK RACER

Guest my3buicks

Hopefully the coverage of this national will be better than the coverage of the Centennial - Collectable Automobiles coverage of the Centennial put the Bugles coverage to shame. The coverage on past nationals has been good, not sure what happened to the Flint one, it just failed to catch the scope/flavor of the event.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys--just a reminder. I have no definite knowlege of anything concerning the mailing date of this issue but..... The publisher of the Bugle is in Orlando Florida.

Both Charlie and Frances passed through Orlando within the past few weeks. Regardless of when the mailing house put the magazine in the mail, it appears that many transportation systems, including the USPS, have a great deal to cope with getting stuff in or out of Florida.

Many in Florida are and have been without power a large period of time over the past couple of weeks. Many are also dealing with no water, no sewer and little/no gas available, especially on the hard hit east coast.

Might be a good time to have patience. IF and I do mean IF there is a problem, Roberta will let us know on the forum.

Got a message from Bob Snowden today, Baker Press still has no power, but the Bugles were delivered to the mailing house before Frances, the reason some of you have received them already. The PO has 10 days to get them out into circulation once they are delivered to the PO. I would be patient, there's not much we can do once the PO has them, but wait. I'm sure the storm had an effect on their delivery plans. I haven't received mine yet either.

I received mine last night, and look forward to reading Matt's latest installment.

Of course, I was thrilled by the National Meet photos!

What I found most interesting in this issue, however, was news of the Buick Heritage Alliance. Given the individuals associated with this effort, I have high hopes for the group's mission to preserve Buicks and Buick history. In particular, I am eager to see how the BHA interfaces with the BCA, the Sloan's Buick Gallery and Research Center, and the new GM Heritage Center. On one hand, it makes sense to me to combine the various collections of Buick automobiles, literature, and memorabilia into a single location. On the other hand, there are probably reasons to support a number of separate collections dedicated to the preservation of Buick history.

I hope that we receive regular updates in the Bugle regarding the activities of the Buick Heritage Alliance.