What is a "Select Sixty"

Shelby

These were special Reattas sold only to the "select sixty" Buick dealers in the country. They have a more distinctive interior (all white with red accents, I think) and some other unusual noteriety. I don't remember if the select sixty designation was for top overall Buick sales in the previous year, or if it was for being top in Reatta sales. I'm not sure (Barney Eaton will know for sure) but I think nearly all of them were convertibles.

For the average buyer looking for an unusual car, the designation may not mean anything. But to Reatta fans, they are recognized as the most distinctive, and possibly the rarest Reattas available. They are very hard to find, since most owners know what they are and are reluctant to part with them.

One good thing about them is that they usually have had the very best care possible, since they were sold to dealers, and any problem was immediately taken care of by the service department.

Joe

Over the years Buick used the designation Select 60 on a few models of their cars. In '88 a limited number of black Reattas with tan interiors were given to Buick dealers and a special hood emblem was dealer installed. In '90, 65 Reattas were made with the Select 60 designation. All of them were white convertibles with a white top black mouldings and no pin stripe. Also, and what makes them stand out, is they all had the '91 style 16 inch wheels that were painted white and the interior had bright white seats and door panels and the rest of the interior was bright red.

In the little picture under my name is a picture of my Select 60 with my Corvette which also is white with a red interior.

The 1988 coupes could have a hood emblem if the dealer installed it....

There was nothing on a 1990 model to identify it as a Select Sixty...the combination of options is the only identification (along with some codes on the service parts lable)

I was the second owner of the Aikens car above. I thought it was pretty nice until Harry totally reworked it into a Gold class car.

Guest tempest68

I used to hear from friends about seeing cars where the owner details every last milimeter of a car, down to painting every last nut head/screw etc. This was one of those kind of cars. It would be more at home in a Museum than on the road.

• 1 month later...
Guest Suttleone

Okay, that didn't work. I guess 100,000 bytes is about the size of a postage stamp. Here is what it says on the "Certificate of Authenticity" - Buick is honored to present you with one of 65 Limited Edition 1990 convertible Reattas handcrafted by the Reatta Craft Centre. These unique Buick luxury two-seaters are to be distributed to the winners of the General Manager's Select Sixty program in recognition of outstanding achievement for calendar year 1989.

The Limited Edition convertible, with its all white exterior, body-colored wheels, white leather seats and flame red trim, is not available to the general public for 1990. Reef Buick, Inc. has received one of these Limited Edition convertibles.

E.H. Mertz

Vice President

General Motors Corporation and General Manager

Buick Motor Division

J.C. Rucker

Plant Manager

Reatta Craft Centre