Help with wood repair

1937-44

In the process of replacing the top material on my 1932 Auburn I discovered a little bad wood. Is there a good wood putty/filler that can withstand the vibrations of the car without crumpling that I can nail into? I'm thinking of Abatron Wood Epox, but I'm afraid it will crumble. Marine Tex sounds like it will harden to hard to nail into. Can anybody shed some light?

Best stuff for that is "Quik Poly" I think they may have changed their name,

it will make totally rotted wood harder than new.

First use it straight to soak in the existing wood, then ad filler for fill in any missing places. Only draw back I have found is short shelf life and it?s cost. I would predrill any fasteners.

Guest Ken G

Does anyone know what Quik Poly is now called (or the tradename for something equivalent)? To my surprise, Google didn't help, merely turning up many instances of people saying how satisfied they were with the stuff. There are several places in my Rover where screws won't hold in the wooden body frame, although basically the wood is in good shape.

Ken G, 1925 Rover 16/50 (San Francisco)

Product years ago was called RSP (never understood what that stood for) amd name was changed to Kwik Poly. Great stuff for wood repair unless you want to maintain a "wood like" finish. While the cans (a 2-part product) claim only a 24 month shelf life, I have successfully used almost ten year old Kwik Poly. This stuff sets up fast and is very low viscosity, almost like water, so you really need to plan the job. I use small plastic containers, approx one ounce, mix equal amounts and quickly apply to job and let it set. Have used with nails and screws for fasteners.

I heard there was a name change. The label on my current cans says Kwik Poly LLC, O'Fallon, MO, but the number is disconnected. There was a thread on this DF about a year or so ago that gave a new address, but I cannot find it.