NOS Champion Spark Plugs What do they fit???????????

FireballV8

My Champion listing shows a UJ-12, but nothing for a UJ-12Y or a UJ-18Y. The Y may indicate a temperature range.

The UJ-12 fits the '38-'39 Buick and the '33-'35 Chevrolet.

Sorry, but that is all the data I have.

hvs

I'll try to take it a step further Howard. The Y should mean that it's a Standard Projected Core Nose plug.

That UJ-18Y plug fits several types of cars, mostly in the early 50's though. '46 to '53 Buick straight 8's, '49 to '50 Chevrolet, '49 to 56 Cadillac, '51 to 53 Chrysler products with V-8's and several other makes as well. Should cross over to a AC-46S

That UJ-12Y though, is one that I believe was called for in industrial equipment and farm tractors. I have a cross over showing it as a AC-44S. I'm not sure what cars if fits off hand and would have to check some books.

Rick

Thanks Rick. I got my info from a Champion publication marked "For Cars and Taxicabs Built in USA 1920-1940." It is a crossover reference giving the New Type # and the Old Type #. It shows UJ-12 as the New Type replacing the Y-4 in the Buick and the J-5 two rib type in the Chevrolet. Hmmmm?

hvs

• 6 years later...
Guest Xenia_Dan
I have new sets of Champion Spark plugs model numbers UJ-12Y and UJ-18Y. What do they fit??????????

Thanks

Well, they fit my TORO snowblower.......

The AC-44S spark plugs are able to be used in lots of applications including lawn mowers, snow blowers, and I think many GM cars well into the 60's. They would be the same plug as a LM-44S for lawn mower/garden equipment applications except the top of the plug would have a screw top for garden applications like brass cars for the spark plug wire.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)