I won 1st place today

I took my 48 conv. coupe to the Sacramento Fordlovers car show and drags today and won 1st place in a class that covered model Ts to 51 ford,mercurys and Lincolns. I didnt even wash the car before I left. Oh well something else to dust. The people liked it and I spent most of the day answering questions and taking whoever wanted a ride for a drive. I enjoyed the people more than the 1st place plaque. fun day, just thought I would share.

Dear v12Lincoln,The people at the show make all the hours in the garage worth it.I just wanted to thank you for offering rides,all too often its about the trophys.Tell me how GOOD you felt making somebodys day with a ride in your Lincoln[you did put the top down],RIGHT.THANKS for sharing your car and the story.diz laugh.giflaugh.gif

I didnt put the top down due to a severe sunburn from the following weekend when I took it on a tour with the horseless carraige club, toook 15 different people for rides that day with the top down and everyone was thrilled and said how much they loved the car. The Lincoln took about 2 minutes to do the 1/4 mile yeasterday due to a blown fuse in the overdrive but the people that were riding with me didnt mind. It does make you feel good when they tell you how much they love your car and even better when they tell you how much they love it after a ride in it. its also a good way to get people interested in the car clubs, I know we need some new blood in ours as everyone is over 80 and we just had 3 members pass on in the last month.

Take care and enjoy the ride.