Radials on 67 Buicks

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

Who do I need to contact to have AACA rules on Radials for 1967 Buicks changed. I have documentation proving that they where an option on 67 Buicks, The size was metric 205 etc. Attached is a pic of one of the documents.

You definately want to send a copy of your documention to the VP Class Judging. If you would also send a copy to me i would sure appreciate it . It will come up for discussion at the next meeting of the judging committee. We really appreciate getting such documentation, often it can be incorporated into our judging schools. My address is Dave Berg 120 David Lane Harmony, Pa 16037. Thanks very much for making us aware of this. Its how we all learn and improve. laugh.gif

Guest Eric Maxwell

Just my 2 cents worth. I think you will have a hard time trying to convince the use of Radials on your 67. Yes, It may have had an option for a Radial tire, but I am sure it was not the 75 series profile offered in todays market. It was more than Likely a 80 or 82 series which is not made to that specific size today, at least that I am aware of. Your manual probably says 205R15 or 225R15, in that way.

I learned from last years AACA convention, that even a 76 Caddy which came with LR78-15, which is a Radial, should be using an L78-15 (non Radial) for judging purposes. In this example, I do not understand the Logic?????

If it is a 205R15, We do carry this in an Avon brand, close to $300 per tire. see attached photo of Avon tire.

Good Luck though!

Eric / Universal Vintage tire

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Sorry you do not like the rules, but you did get a responce from Dave Berg who is one of AACA's top judges and teaches several judging seminars.

Guest my3buicks

I seemed to have missed the rules somewhere along the last several years I have been on. His response was while it was on the General forum also! Again thanks!

• 3 months later...

Your information has been recieved. The Technical committee and the judging committee will meet sometime in June. I believe that it is on the agenda for that meeting. Thanks again for supplying us with information helpful in our studies of this issue. It is through the efforts of members such as yourself that allow many procedures to be amended or at the very least double checked. grin.gif

• 2 months later...

Hello Keith: The judging committee has accepted your documentaion and will now accept that tire on the 67 Buick. We very much appreciate your supplying the documentation for us. Since it will take a little while for our judging schools to start to get this information out into the judging community I would suggest that you or anyone you know whom this is important to, perhaps keep a copy of the post with them to show to the team captain upon judging. Again, thanks very much for your help with this issue.

Dave smirk.gif