Hood Ornament ID Needed

Chris Paulsen

According to "Motoring Mascots of the World" the cap is like a 1931-1934 Studebaker but the mascot itself isn't quite an exact match.

Happy hobbying

i found a picture of another one on a different base web page at a site that sells mascots, it is listed under accessory mascots where he puts all the after market items. the bird is about halfway down and is labled bird #353. i also saw a base on the same site that was very close for a 50's mercedes that was very close web page at the very bottem. i also noticed that chevy used eagles for a while and had a few that were similer so this may be a knockoff of one of thiers.

hope this helps

tom

In my opinion it's an aftermarket item. It resembles the kind of mascots produced by the Faith company - they produced some nice radiator caps and mascots in pot metal. I believe the cap has no relationship to the mascot as it seems to be of an earlier style. I've got a rather large collection of auto accessory catalogs and looked thru without having any luck in finding the exact item, but most of my catalogs are very early and I feel the mascot is from 30's. Is there a makers name on it anywhere? (probably on the base where it's attached to the cap).

Terry