1949 New Yorker 2 door club coupe $12,995 Iowa

Marketplace - 1949 Chrysler New Yorker | Facebook

1949 Chrysler New Yorker, inline 8 cyl, manual transmission, Runs and drives very good, showing 40K miles, Ready To Cruise !! Trade-ins are welcome and Financing is also available with local banks and credit unions with qualifying credit. Please visit our website, stop in, or give us a call at 515 288-4290 for more info https://www.certifiedautodsm.com/ Certified Auto Sales 5238 NW 2ND ST Des Moines, IA 50313 (515) 288-4290

Product photo of 1949 Chrysler New Yorker

• Like 4

This appears to be a great buy.   I have owned a 2nd series New Yorker in black.  This is tempting.  I would be glad to go see this for someone, inspect it.   I believe it "may" languish, but I have been wrong.  It shows as 4 weeks on facebook marketplace. So, perhaps $10,500 buys it.  This dealer as I recall, has quite a few "resto mods" and "patina" trucks mixed in with more modern Corvettes, Camaros and Challengers.  They probably rolled their eyes when this old grandpa rolled in.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I know I’m going against the grain here but I like this 49’ more than the 54’ Imperial posted. 
This car looks sharp and I’ll bet it rides and drives like a dream. If it had power steering it would be perfect.

Edited by Fossil (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

No doubt the 54 Imperial- overall - is more impressive.   I have owned a 54 Chrysler New Yorker 2 door hardtop.  Hint:  I’ve owned a lot of cars.   But price for smiles is important to me.  

Not that anyone would, but this or the Imperial would cost $100,000 plus to restore so there simply are none being restored for the rest of eternity.   Buy and enjoy these sorts of cars.  

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I can't quit looking at this car. Beautiful and with fluid drive. There is not many things that make me wish I was younger but this is one of them. 

I don't know how anybody could go wrong buying this beauty.  I'm no Mopar guy, but someone could get into the hobby cheap with an impressive car! GLWTS

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I cannot really get used to this design, especially the side view and rear. Front looks a little Cadillac ish. Maybe my brain is too GM minded and trapped there. To my eyes it looks a bit stodgy and - sorry - clumsy. Dash nevertheless is impressive. 

• Like 1

It is stodgy and no match for GMs styling but that’s not the entire point. Any car or truck you get into from 1949 for $10,500 or so is going to transport you back to a simpler time.  

The 2 door club coupe body style is overall a nice design steeped in time. I agree the GMs even in 2 door non hardtop bodies are nicer styled, but this isn’t bad.  

Cool and interesting dash, whisper quiet straight 8 performance units 2nd to last year.  If it’s to be believed, 40,000 mile car.  Light grey is preferred to my black one.   

• Like 2