FS 1937 Chrysler Airflow Sell or part out? Cant find a buyer

1937 Chrysler Airflow VIN C174191. I bought this car in a group of cars from a closed museum. It was bought by them in 1960 and stored inside since. They had the car sand blasted and primed and the owner past away and never went any further with it. Located in Mayfield KY 42066 Clean KY Title in hand. The fenders and running boards where not on the car when I bought it. We bolted them on just to ensure all the parts stayed with the car. To my knowledge the only part missing are the trunk hinges. One hood hinge is has the "tip" broken and the radiator is too rough to use in my opinion. I have not tried to crank this car. Several of the cars I bought from this collection had stuck engines. This one was very stiff but turned. I have put Marvel Mystery Oil in all the cylinders for storage since I bought it.  I have tried to sell locally with no luck. I have dropped the price to $5500.00 and it has been getting some interest. This is one of those cars the cost of restoration will be as much as the car is worth. I have has several request for parts from it. 

I am considering parting this car out. I cant imagine doing this to this car in the condition it is in. No real rot rust on the car. There are some pinhole rust spots on body in the areas the fender bolt to it. Any thoughts offers of trade or request for parts?  I believe I can part this out for much more than the $5,500 but it would take time to do so.

email at john@peaktooling.com  

IMG_6083.JPG

COVER.jpg

IMG_8513.jpg

IMG_8514.jpg

IMG_8515.jpg

IMG_8516.jpg

IMG_8517.jpg

IMG_8518.jpg

IMG_8519.jpg

TAG.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8915.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8916.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8918.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8919.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8920.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8921.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried Airflow Club of America? www.airflowclub.com - Contact newsletter editor John Boyd - drjohn96@mac.com to get it listed for sale. This will put it in front of serious Airflow fans.

Good luck! I hate to see one this complete and solid gone for parts or scrap.

• 3 weeks later...