1911 Ford Model T Syverson Cabinet Company Truck

Not Mine~ Found on Facebook. Search "Joshua John 1911 Ford" and you should find it.

For sale 1911 Ford Model T. Has a rare original 1911 fame (see photo of rear crossmember). Early front axel. Later motor and rear axle. All the brass is there and in good shape, could use some buffing. Wood body is very solid and nice, metal is nice. Paint is ok but has a few areas it needs touch up. This body was made by the Syverson Cabinet Company out of Illinois. They started making model T body’s in 1952 and this body has body number “2” on the tag. Gas headlights have been restored. Has brass carbine generator. Motor turns over but have not had the time to get it running yet. Has a distributor with new condenser & points, new coil, new battery. Michigan Title. Located near Traverse City, Michigan. Asking 8,500 OBO 

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/47nkBFG5whM8cL3W/

IMG_5626.PNG

IMG_5627.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5629.jpg

Edited by Kblake (see edit history)
  • Like 1

At this point the body itself is antique! I like it a lot, although not crazy about the Christmas or Italian national colors. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Leif in Calif said:

At this point the body itself is antique! I like it a lot, although not crazy about the Christmas or Italian national colors. 

You could be the star in every Christmas and Columbus Day parade in California!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, JFranklin said:

The easiest thing in the world is starting a Model T if it runs

My 24 touring drove me crazy starting, quitting, not starting….. 😡

Whether on battery or magneto. 

Turned out the contacts in the ignition switch were bad and making an intermittent connection.  

Intermittent trouble is the hardest to pinpoint, but your car did start. I worked on 2 Ts that would start and then die. Both were cured by adjusting the float in the carb to hold a bit more gas in the bowl. Intermittent electrical problems are best checked with a volt-ohm meter and a helper wiggling different wires and switches.

Edited by JFranklin (see edit history)
  • Like 1