1939 Chrysler Royal - CD$19,500 US$14,053. (Chase, BC, Canada)

https://kamloops.craigslist.org/cto/d/chase-1939-chrysler-royal/7767238644.html

(Sort of bright and flashy for a Chrysler sedan, but I like it.)

1939 Chrysler Royal 4dr sedan with doors that open up like suicide doors .This car has only had 3 owners since 1939. A complete restoration was done a number of years ago. All the chrome on the car was restored . The inline 6 cylinder flathead engine has been rebuilt and it puts out 100 hp . The transmission is a 3 speed synchromesh that has been rebuilt. The interior has all been restored. The mileage is showing 48280 miles . This car is located in Chase BC if you’d like to have a look !Not looking for any trades .Open to Offers

83ba2212ea7c3560803397e1e1ffdd88@sale.craigslist.org

01616_8138dPDkZAP_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00x0x_hHVo6gXiQrO_0CI0iW_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_hhqZbjFurXt_0CI0s0_1200x900.jpg

00303_hmhtDwz5PsF_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00q0q_2yRGjT54ag6_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00f0f_lI5krRwOCB9_0CI0v6_1200x900.jpg

• Like 4

I generally don't care for '30's Mopars, but this old boat piqued my interest. Probably not a factory color, but the rest of the package speaks to me. Low mileage, known history, rebuilt mechanics, nice interior. You couldn't get close to having all that work done for $15 grand. If it were a thousand miles closer I'd be test driving it today, if not heading home with it. Fun both at Cars and Coffee and for some touring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TerryB said:

Looks like the fragile plastic dash is intact, that is rare to see.

I like these cars a lot, so I follow them somewhat closely. The dash plastics can be horrible on these. I've wondered if they made a midyear change to the formula, because some of them, like this one, are in great shape. This Chrysler is beautiful. I wish it was much nearer.

• Like 2

It’s unusual to find good plastic.  Cars that have been worked on, like this, will most likely either have a painted dash or vacuum formed plastic reapplied.  

If you find an eight cylinder, with the original dash components, don’t pull on the spark knob (at least until you’re satisfied with the copy you’ve made in modern materials).  It’s made of the same plastic.  

• Like 1

Never really followed these cars myself. However, I know that somebody was reproducing plastic dash pieces for some models late 1930s/early 1940s Chrysler products. From the look of this car, I would speculate that the plastic is all reproduction. Does look nice, and for such a car, I would consider that a plus!

Although a flawless original if you could find and get one would be better in some ways.