Antique Buses for sale by AACA museum

I was just on Facebook Marketplace.  And found 5 listing for antiques buses being sold by the Bus Museum, that use the basement of the AACA museum for their display.  I don't know how to import them to the "not my car for sale" section.  

What interesting is they are being sold by silent bids, and there is a whole disclaimer about you can only sue them in a court in Hershey. IF there is a issue.  Do they expect to be sued? 

Edited by 32tatra (see edit history)

1 hour ago, 32tatra said:

I was just on Facebook Marketplace.  And found 5 listing for antiques buses being sold by the Bus Museum, that use the basement of the AACA museum for their display.  I don't know how to import them to the "not my car for sale" section.  

What interesting is they are being sold by silent bids, and there is a whole disclaimer about you can only sue them in a court in Hershey. IF there is an issue.  Do they expect to be sued? 

Standard legal nomenclature.

Jim

• Like 1

Silent bidding is used by organizations and governments by rarely works out for the seller.  And many times it is a bust for the buyer. 

Since it really isn’t an auction (Buyers only get to make one bid) Any silent bidding should require a minimum of 10% of the bid as a deposit to prove seriousness.  

Otherwise the submitted silent bids will include ridiculous high bids that will never be paid.  (Waste of organization time) and rejection of what might be a serious reasonable bid because it is so far below the “shill” bid. (Waste of bidders time) 

I once went to a group of cars that were offered by silent bids that were going to be opened after one week. I left serious offers and never heard from anyone.  Later many of the cars turned up being offered by a dealer.  

So regardless of the lengthy legal text, I see this offering as nothing but a crude fishing expedition by the seller. If they really want cash from a sale, take them to a legitimate marketplace. 

• Like 2

The ad says if the high bid buyer defaults on payment then the bus will be advertised for sale again.  Seems this is somewhat like bring a trailer format with the exception being that a silent bid auction is used.  The contact person listed in the ad is part of a family that was in the bus business and has at least one restored bus at the museum (from what I found on line).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TerryB said:

The ad says if the high bid buyer defaults on payment then the bus will be advertised for sale again

Relisting something over and over, while getting fake offers, doesn’t seem very efficient.