Peerless jack

PAV8427

IMG_3817.jpeg.1466658794d4dd6a5752f8c72aabe32f.jpegIMG_3815.jpeg.e5a4737bca1b3842ba57abb7211344f5.jpegPicked this up yesterday just for the Peerless logo. 
I have searched and found similar, but not quite the same. 
I understand Buckeye made all kinds and the same style as this could be used for other brands with a side plate change. 
Can anyone help narrow it down to a year range and possible model?

Thank you. Doug

Edited by PAV8427 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Would Peerless be Buckeye's trade name for this jack, or do you think Buckeye made it for the Cleveland-built Peerless car?

I guess a chauffeur was expected to change a tire if needed, so a jack would be a necessary tool for a car of Peerless' status.

• Like 2

Buckeye made it for the Peerless company for use as standard equipment in the tool kit. Cadillac and Studebaker are fairly common ones you see, and here is one I saw in a junk shop a while back for a Winton. 

IMG_1995.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Really have no need for it. Closest thing to a Peerless I have might be my kitchen faucet. 
Anyone need/want it?

I will be making a road trip for work in a couple monthes from central Minnesota to Bethehem,Pa. 
Could meet anyone somewhere along 94,90 or 80. 

One thing I have never been good at is putting a price on something. 
That being said, if I can get it to you and you like what you see, I will take what you think it is worth. 
One other option that is sometimes not seen much is a horse trade. 
For some reason I have been getting back into working on Quadrajet carburetors. 
I would be interested in a couple of clean un molested original non remanned cores or one real nice one. 
Either way wont matter. As long as it gets in the hands of someone who appreciates it, thats what counts. 

Thanks. Doug

• Like 1