Ford Quadricycle

Interesting photo from the file cabinet. Ford built his first car in 1896 and sold it for $200 and used the money to build his second car. Fortunately he was able to buy it back in 1904 for $65. A Starbucks coffee friend of 15 years who was a Ford Credit manager gave me his file of Ford World publications before he passed. On their way to the library next week

IMG_4059.jpeg

Edited by Robert G. Smits
Correction (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I don't recall seeing that particular photo before. Although I have seen a lot of others. Even before I scrolled down to read the caption, I knew that was Henry Ford II. There is a famous photo of him seated in the 999/Arrow racing car holding onto the steering tillers, taken around 1950ish.

I think Will Rogers said it best. About Henry Ford, "it'll take a hundred years to know whether you've helped us or hurt us. But you sure didn't leave us where you found us."

• Like 4

Great photo. Thank you for posting.

7 hours ago, Robert G. Smits said:

Also in the file is this letter on travel which is obviously humor written on Ford letterhead. 

IMG_4065.jpeg

IMG_4066.jpeg

According to Alan Mulally's autobiography ( American Icon: Alan Mulally and the Fight to Save Ford Motor Company : Hoffman, Bryce G.: Amazon.ca: Books ),  He and his security staff almost took that route when President Obama told the (once) Big Three CEO's to come back a second time for Federal Aid looking like they poor; not in their private jets like they did the first time they all asked!!

Craig

• Like 1