Chrysler Plymouth Parts and Service Sign

This sign supposedly came out of a defunct Chrysler/Plymouth dealership back in the 80's. It measures about 12" thick face-to-face of plastic back-lit panels x 36" high and 72" long. I can't find much information on it so any input as to date, scarcity and value would be welcomed. 

Maybe @3macboys would know something about it.

In the same location this sign was found was a HUGE 4' high x 16' long sign that read "Welcome to Plymouth-Land!". It was hand painted on two 4'x8' sheets of plywood butted end-to-end. It was so well done I thought it was metal from a distance. I unfortunately failed to get a photo of it.

103_2637.JPG

103_2638.JPG

I would agree with Mile.  I would not touch anything plastic that has to be transported.  I would certainly pay $1000-1500 if this were local.  Would be very attractive hanging in someone's garage.  

• Like 1

I appreciate the responses gentlemen! The owner wanted to sell it for a reasonable price so I brought it home before an antique dealer got their hands on it. I like Chryslers but am not a Mopar collector so I will likely offer it to a Chrysler enthusiast once I clean it up and make a cord for it. I'd love to see it lit up!

I think I can get it to Hershey this fall without damage. I wrapped in shipping blankets and gently strapped it to the wall of my enclosed trailer and it made it home just fine.

Thanks for the mention!  I'm just back from being away for a few weeks.  Great find!  I'd say 70's era and @Mike McCandless knows  his Mopar signs.  People can be kind of scared of moving plastic but it's actually more durable than you think.  Remember these were made to withstand wind/rain/snow and they do have a fair amount of flex in them.  It's impacts that cause the damage.  I had an NOS 5 ft X 5 ft in one in the original crate that I shipped to Minnesota by truck with no issues - the crate was open faced that I just covered with light weight masonite.  I'd build a simple crate out of 2 X 8's around the outside with 1 X 3 strapping to cover the face.