Engine paint drying time

It could be the humidity, in that case, warming the block with a heat lamp might speed up the drying. If you used unthinned paint and left puddles in low places that could be part of it. But normally, enamel should be dry to the touch after a few hours, certainly overnight. Although it may remain soft and easily scratched for some time.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rusty_OToole said:

It could be the humidity, in that case, warming the block with a heat lamp might speed up the drying. If you used unthinned paint and left puddles in low places that could be part of it. But normally, enamel should be dry to the touch after a few hours, certainly overnight. Although it may remain soft and easily scratched for some time.

Thanks.

Here is an old picture of my '64 Riviera painted with Bill Hirsch engine enamel. I have used quite a bit of it an sold a lot at swap meets. I always brushed mine on and never encountered an issue.

I have had your problem with Rustoleum drying slowly. I would mix the paint thoroughly and paint something else in a room with different temperature and humidity conditions. I would expect it to be dry the next day.

015.jpg.5ca5824a38b15757a31a2585be419c10.jpg