Possible tailight socket connector..?

ChewyWhite

They are indeed early connectors for auto lamps.  I don’t know if they are available in reproduction.  If they are then the value of yours would be lower.  Condition is also a factor in value.  Contact corrosion could be an issue.  Some more knowledgeable people should soon be responding.

55 minutes ago, ChewyWhite said:

Many thanks! I searched high and low to find anything about them with no luck.

Timeframe is around 1915 to 1927 or thereabouts.

1 hour ago, ChewyWhite said:

Many thanks! I searched high and low to find anything about them with no luck.

Model T repop houses carry them.

There ya have it! So we’re these strictly Model T’s or universal? Also, being original, any idea on a guesstimated price? I was going to just run an auction on eBay but may do a BIN on eBay if I have an idea on value. Thanks again fellas!

I found that when repo's are available, the price of OEM parts goes down.

It's an item now available on demand when needed.

I've carried several of those to swap meets for 20 years, don't recall anyone asking about them.

It's a " keepsake" to view and enjoy the " old days"

2 hours ago, roysboystoys said:

I found that when repo's are available, the price of OEM parts goes down.

It's an item now available on demand when needed.

I've carried several of those to swap meets for 20 years, don't recall anyone asking about them.

It's a " keepsake" to view and enjoy the " old days"

Appreciate the insight.

That basic style was used for nearly two decades, early 1910s to late 1920s. They came in literally about a hundred different specific styles and sizes, often with very minor variations. They were made by several companies, but rarely marked by the manufacturer. The cap and the plug are threaded, and mixing and matching isn't fun finding loose caps and plugs that fit together (been there, done that!). Single wire and double wire are both common, even three wire versions were made but rarely found these days. 

The one you show is a lesser common type, with the spring loaded bayonet in the plug. More common for the spring loaded contacts to be in the socket. Some lamps (especially tail lamps) had short sockets and the plug like yours contacted directly onto the bulb inside. While the model T types are reproduced still, I could be wrong, but I don't think that spring loaded bayonet type has been reproduced for quite some time. That however does not make it particularly valuable. Few people recognize the difference, and make do with what is available.  I think I still have one just like yours that has been in my antique "lamp wiring" drawer for about forty years, and I haven't found a need for it yet.

• Like 1