Unknown car with Mack Sennett bathing beauties-ca. 1920

adam1982

• adam1982 changed the title to Unknown car with Mack Sennett bathing beauties-ca. 1920

The second smaller photo has poorer detail definition, so not able to make out much that helps. But I can see the banner on the hood appears to say "CHAMPION". For whatever that is about?

Nice looking car, but I don't recognize it.

9 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Found another version of the photo showing better details.
Headlight rings, fender, shape of the radiator and wheel components should help someone ID it.

image.png.fbb17c7818a50aacc895e18af06d91a8.png

image.png.d2355332e3f3c3523d3d044b2376dc98.png

Nice detail-you can see the handprint on the tire of the grease monkey who over-packed that front hub before he screwed on that (of course) nameless cap! Still not having any luck with the car, but I think I recognize the shoes...

miss-piggy-diva.gif

• Haha 2

Champion could very well be the make of the car. Uploaded a photo of a 1922 Champion Tourist (from the Philadelphia Digital Coll.). It definitely has several details in common, but not all, so if it is a Champion, the year and/or model are different. Finding images of this make, which existed from 1919 to ca 1924, is however extremely challenging, so I am not 100% sure if my assumption is correct.

Champion 1922 Tourist.jpg

• Like 4

Sure, a little different, sheet metal wise, but the front/rear hubs, headlight type and placement and even those dirty, grease streaked tires are dead on! Why else would it have that "CHAMPION" logo/pennant strategically placed on the hood? That seems to match the radiator emblem in your photograph.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

"How the hell were you able to focus on the shoes? 
That diastema is what kept me mesmerized... "

"Mind The Gap" indeed! Sure, cultural standards of beauty evolve over time, and I dont wanna cast aspersions on anybody's gap-toothed Granny, but maybe Mr. Sennett shoulda hired a few of  Florenz Ziegfeld's talent scouts...

2.png

zig.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is an original photo of a Mitchell. It belonged to a close friend of my grandfather.  They lived on the Monterey Peninsula of California. I assume the background was some woods in the Monterey area. 

D5A20350-CBDC-4A26-9A5C-205CBB3FD6A1.jpeg

Edited by Shootey (see edit history)
  • Like 3