1966 Riviera door panel

mbc40

Is there any where I can get a door panel . Mike just cracked and right below the window switch. PLEASE HELP I got my 1966 Riviera as a my retire present to me from me with love.

42299992-1966-buick-riviera-std.jpg

yours looks fairly nice condition. As it is, if you try and repair or change

it,—- may end up looking worse than what you have.

Hard plastic?  Remove the panel and work a piece of fiberglass cloth onto the crack using two-part epoxy making sure everything lines up.  Let it cure. Turn the panel over and sand the surface around the crack. Save the sanding dust and work it into the crack and set it with some Super Glue - minimal. Capillary action will pull the glue into the dust.  Sand again until smooth then paint to match. Reinstall and be a happy camper.

• Like 1

here is my door panel it just cracked when i tried to move the seat. This car i bought was described as original but was really a quick lipstick on a pig though Gateway classics. the pictures looked great and i did a video walk around and drive. They showed the tail pipes that looked new but were really only spray painted silver. I know it my fault that I didn't fly to Orlando in person to see the car,. I really love the car and it is a real GS and has the buckets seats and console with is hard to fine. So I am just fixing the flaws.

1000011626.jpg

1000011628.jpg

Do you have the missing piece?  Assuming that you do, I would use fiberglass cloth and resin to bond the broken piece back where it belongs.  Then, do as @RivNut suggested to fill the remaining cracks.  Sand the backside of the panel to harvest the dust needed to fill the cracks.

• Like 1

Sorry I did not realise it’s size in first  photo. So as  EmTee and RivNut say is great . Now if you don’t have original piece you can buy plastic squares from a Home Depot, examples plastic bucket bottoms etc, then cut and pre fit that small area and corner that is missing, then reinforce with fibre glass and cloth ant resin, sand and paint to match.

Its most often the vinyl portion of panel that does not survive. The hard plastic is often intact though if you can't find same color you can have paint mixed to try and match faded original. So yea, used these shouldn't be hard to find from people parting cars and vendors listed in the Riview. 66/67 Riviera will be same

• Like 1