New to AACA.. I HAVE 1932 Buick 57S series. any advice on how to remove the little chrome handles on the hood vent doors? Would like to rechrome them or buy a good set? thanks for allowing my 1st question

Ace 32

Nice car…….welcome to the party. Lots of good Buick guys here to help. Best of luck. Ed

• Like 3

Nice ride, welcome!

I recommend posting on the Buick prewar section, you will get some good feedback.

Can you please post pics of your engine#, frame#, and firewall data plate?

Bobs had these at one point, but now out of stock - https://bobsautomobilia.com/shop/hood-items/hood-door-louver-spear-1932-33-hp-232/

I would call them to learn more about where things are in the supply chain.

These spears are very hard to find, so if you have good ones and can remove them, re-chroming might be a good option.

Best,

Mario

image.png.e38ca26f06df930eae97a000269b31c0.png

Thanks for the info. I would like to re-chrome them. When you open the vent door it is very tight to get to the back side , where the handles are mounted. They appear to be pop-rivets. The spring loaded doors look pretty difficult to take off and harder yet to put back on.

They are not pop rivets but part of the pot metal rounded over to hold them on.

You can grind off the riveted part, drill and tap The remaining post (carefully), have them chromed and then install them using screws