Web site to compare 1920's makes, hp, wheelbase, new cost etc

4 hours ago, Rata Road said:

I'm looking for a website that compares all the data for common makes of the 20's to save searching each brand one by one.

Thanks

once you have a few windows open you can do some good side by side comparisons with this one.

Classic Car Database, Specifications, Dealers, Parts and Services for Antique Cars, Classic Cars, Vintage Cars and Muscle Cars

For instance, I know you were asking about a Chevy and Dodge DA6 in another thread. Here's a snippet using a Roadster for example. 
Although not complete it does give some good info to compare.

image.png.5eaab1ce7b334e88147c21c044cc5b46.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

once you have a few windows open you can do some good side by side comparisons with this one.

Classic Car Database, Specifications, Dealers, Parts and Services for Antique Cars, Classic Cars, Vintage Cars and Muscle Cars

For instance, I know you were asking about a Chevy and Dodge DA6 in another thread. Here's a snippet using a Roadster for example. 
Although not complete it does give some good info to compare.

image.png.5eaab1ce7b334e88147c21c044cc5b46.png

I found this site about 5 years ago.  I have found a few errors, but as a whole I find it fabulous and use it all the time.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2024 at 1:31 AM, Rata Road said:

I'm looking for a website that compares all the data for common makes of the 20's to save searching each brand one by one.

Thanks

You might want to try "Chilton Automotive Multi-Guide" from the late 20's to early 30's. A separate book for each Year. There is a reprint of the spring 1931 edition out there. These books list all makes from approx. 1925 up to the year of the edition.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rata Road said:

Thanks guys, was a good site.

To add to Hooks suggestion, if you're truly wanting to compare certain vehicles online you may want to utilize digital libraries while searching through publications such as Automotive Industries (or similar publications).

You could use a site like HathiTrust Digital Library – Millions of books online and once you find what year your interested in you can zero in on specifics you're concerned about.

As an example, I used the search term "Automotive Industries 1928" then clicked on which monthly magazine in 1928 you want to look through. These snippets are from around Jan-Feb 1928 editions. When you put these side by side you can compare more easily. Of course the list covers all models A-Z.

image.png.d623d8527421797dcdfe2a24c4e61d63.png

image.png.8de6a410838dfe4927f522d2ffac0689.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)