WTB 1920 dodge front spring.

I'm in need of a front spring for a 1920 dodge roadster. So many of the leaves are bad on my right front spring it would be easier have a new one made but i'd like to try and stay original. I'm located in Saginaw MI, if you've got one but are far away i'll pay to ship if you're willing.  

1 hour ago, nat said:

Old springs are old springs, (at best).  Ask an outfit that works on trucks where you might have some made.  

That's in the works too... i've got a place near me that does just that!

46 minutes ago, Lahti35 said:

That's in the works too... i've got a place near me that does just that!

Once upon a time Palmer Spring in Portland Maine would make anything you wanted for a reasonable price.  I don't know if that's still true today.

Unlike passenger cars and light duty trucks, made to order springs are commonplace for heavier vehicles.

The steel used for pre war springs is not the same as that which is now used.  While springs used to have covers to keep lubrication in, (and grit out), the spring temper of the steel that is used today will be compromised if they become saturated/contaminated with oil.  Protect new springs with some sort of flashing to keep oil drips off of them.

Don't take my word for it.  Ask your friendly local spring expert.

• Thanks 1