1940 Cadillac V16 Seven-Passenger Imperial Sedan Project

11 hours ago, alsancle said:

Sold for 40K.   I think a fair deal all around.   It is a nice car and perhaps the engine can be fixed without spending the 75K a top shop would charge to do it.

Buying lottery tickets now are we?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

Buying lottery tickets now are we?

Ed, you know better than anyone that every car you buy is a sort of reverse lottery ticket.  Even one that looks great.

I know the buyer. He has several award-winning Cadillacs, including a 452 Imperial sedan, which he restored himself. I'm eager to see the result on this one. I will see him father's day and ask about his plans.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Matt Harwood said:

I know the buyer. He has several award-winning Cadillacs, including a 452 Imperial sedan, which he restored himself. I'm eager to see the result on this one. I will see him father's day and ask about his plans.

At 40k to an end user with V16 experience I'm on board.   It is not a money maker, but it could keep somebody's brain occupied for a solid year or two.

• Like 1

Sounds like this is the best possible outcome for the car.  Hopefully it will be repaired and returned to service as part of his collection, or possibly sold at a reasonable price to another in the pre-war Cadillac world to enjoy.  ;)

• Like 3