Indy Pace Truck 1990

Was Indy going to use a chevy 454SS as the pace truck in 1990. I have a poster that I got out of a storage locker and shows a 1990 chevy truck and says official truck of indy 1990 with the truck saying INDY on the side May 27th 1990

Short answer-No, they were not going to use the pickup.  It was the Official Truck of the Indy 500 that year.  The Chevy Beretta was the pace car.

• Like 2

Every year the Indy Pace Car supplier also supplies trucks, station wagons, and other vehicles for track workers, press, and medical staff. In 1970, Olds provided these wagons.

70cs 459medium.jpg

70cs 460.jpg

70cs 461medium.jpg

• Like 2

I really like those Vista Cruisers.
Sure wish my parents hadn't sold theirs long ago.

59 minutes ago, joe_padavano said:

Every year the Indy Pace Car supplier also supplies trucks, station wagons, and other vehicles for track workers, press, and medical staff. In 1970, Olds provided these wagons.

70cs 461medium.jpg

Appears the full-size station wagon nearest the camera is a Chevrolet Kingswood Estate.  Of course Oldsmobile didn't offer a full size wagon again until 1971.  

Craig

1 hour ago, Dan Milbourne said:

I have it on ebay right now as poster error. 

??? But it's not an error. The poster does not say "Pace Truck" it says "Official Truck." There are Official Trucks used every single year.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

Appears the full-size station wagon nearest the camera is a Chevrolet Kingswood Estate.  Of course Oldsmobile didn't offer a full size wagon again until 1971.  

Craig

Olds didn't offer a full size wagon in the 1970 model year.

1 hour ago, joe_padavano said:

Olds didn't offer a full size wagon in the 1970 model year.

That is correct, Oldsmobile and Buick stopped producing full-size wagons after 1964.  (Actually, their bodies were made by Ionia Body division of Mitchell-Bentley Corp.)    Buick started making full-size wagons again with the Estate Wagon for 1970, and Oldsmobile with the Custom Cruiser for 1971.

Craig