Finally Found My Grandfather's Tucker

Brochure

I did not know until my brother went fishing the filing cabinet that my grandfather took some interest in the Tucker dealership proposed in Bound Brook, NJ.  I couldn't tell you if his interest was as a dealer, buyer or "mark", but here's the brochure.  My Dad did say that Mr. Messinger (on the business card) "lost a lot of money" on this endeavor. 

Note the question about availability and pricing - and the "stay tuned for more information" answer.  We all know how that worked out!

Apparently, these brochures are frequently available for sale and not particularly valuable.  Nonetheless - we happen to have this one in excellent condition, and I was quite excited to see it uncovered.

Tucker borchure profile.jpg

Tucker Brochure cover.jpg

Tucker brochure full.jpg

Tucker brochure interior.jpg

Tucker brochure questions.jpg

Tucker card front.jpg

Tucker card rear.jpg

• Like 12

I never knew he had a coat of arms (as shown in the brochure) and then again some contemporary people just make this up. But, given the rare seahorses in the heraldry I looked it up and actually this is the coat of arms for Stephen Isaacson Tucker and later Robert Tucker of 1538, Exeter, UK. Well I'll be!

Thumbnail for version as of 06:40, 12 February 2019

• Like 3

This Tucker brochure was widely available in the 1960's as either a reprint or as overstock of the original. I have one packed away somewhere, but don't recall any notation on it as to its authenticity or lack there of. I recall having seen them for a dollar or two at a number of swap meets but whether they were being sold by the same seller at different meets or different sellers I can't remember.

I'm sure the one in the OP is genuine, from what "JR" says.

As an aside, Tucker car AM radios could be purchased prior to purchasing a Tucker. Many radios were sold and still appear on auction sites today, many are NOS and still in the box. They were made by Motorola for Tucker. Some claim there was a minimum order quantity from Motorola, so all the excess beyond what went into production (51) or sold to prospective customers were sold off when Tucker went out of business.

1948 Tucker Automobile Motorola Radio Parts

NOS NEW Tucker Torpedo Auto Radio – TubeSound

• Like 6

As a means of raising money Tucker sold accessories like radios, fitted luggage etc before the cars were ready. Anyone who was a dealer or who had ordered a Tucker was encouraged to buy them. This accounts for many of the NOS radios etc .

• Like 2