'39 Special

39 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

So buy it for the $18,000, as advertised, or less.  ☺️   Seen others in same price range, including some coupes.

Is photographed well with a good uncluttered background. Makes a difference.

Tenton brown (code 537) is not popular.

Dash is a little mixed. Hard to tell if painted or the correct woodgrain pattern. The black glove box, instrument surround and radio delete panel, where should be woodgrain pattern.  Ash trays should be woodgrain and not chrome. 

Window screen garnish molding has bright screws. Original had color brown so not so prominent.

Bumpers and grille may have been re-chromed. That's a lot of $$$.

Has a red strip in the side trim: not original.

Running board looks to have new rubber.  And the correct running board side SS trim.

Trunk is good.

If drives OK a good car for the money.

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, 1939_Buick said:

So buy it for the $18,000, as advertised, or less.  ☺️ 

I just said I like it not that I want to buy it 😄 I sorta like the color...different...   I was wondering about some of the things you mentioned. Thanks for the fair critique .

Posted (edited)

Lots of nice originality with the car, but then some clinkers, which always make a guy start looking more closely. Possibly incorrect running board stainless trim (I'd have to see a close-up photo, but something looks funky, possibly from a slightly newer BUICK), cowl mount radio antenna, but with a radio-delete dash plate and no radio in sight (maybe there's a hidden modern radio somewhere), wrong horn ring, someone forgot to straighten all the dents in the grille nose stainless, and any number of dash, windshield, interior and door closure hardware items incorrectly chromed, (as 1939_Buick mostly mentioned). 

The ad didn't show an engine compartment photo, which would have been helpful. Says the BUICK runs and drives well. I do like the way the car sits...nice and original in stance. Like MrEarl, I also think the color is interesting, and would not be a turnoff for me. But, also like MrEarl, I'm a little odd! John

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

I agree it is a very nice car, but some trim items are not correct. But that is true on almost every car that old. I like the finish and it sits well on the front end. Fenders and doors line up well.

• Like 1