For Sale: 1940 Pontiac Deluxe Torpedo 8 4dr Sedan, 68K miles - $16,000 - Iowa Falls, IA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1940 Pontiac Deluxe Torpedo 8 4dr Sedan, 68K miles - $16,000 - Iowa Falls, IA

1940 Pontiac Torpedo 8 for sale by owner - Iowa Falls, IA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1940 Pontiac Deluxe Torpedo 8. The first of 2 years Pontiac used the Fisher C body. 248.9cu straight 8.
The car came to Iowa in 2013 from Virginia where it spent its life in the Shenandoah Valley area. Was driven about 8000 miles since then in 11 states by my parents traveling to Pontiac car shows.  Repainted in the 50s, it is mostly original with 68,000 miles. Drives great!
Copy and paste in your email: 924094edd1c03ebaad62d8c825acd199@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1940 Pontiac Deluxe Torpedo 8 4dr Sedan.

'40 Pontiac Deluxe Torpedo 8. IA a.jpg

'40 Pontiac Deluxe Torpedo 8. IA b.jpg

'40 Pontiac Deluxe Torpedo 8. IA c.jpg

'40 Pontiac Deluxe Torpedo 8. IA d.jpg

'40 Pontiac Deluxe Torpedo 8. IA e.jpg

• Like 5

I have to wonder if this is Kurt Kelsey's car. Sadly he passed away about a year ago and is missed.  He had a Farm in Iowa and sold antique Pontiac parts. I had the coupe version of this one year only model and told me that he had the sedan. These 40 Torpedo's are pretty close to a 40 Buick Super.   If you're a Pontiac guy you'll want that deluxe steering wheel!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 1