Did I score in this trade, or should I back out? 1953 Studebaker & 1972 Fiat Ford 1930 Model A.

6 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

The Tudor's are great little cars if mechanically well maintained, lots of clubs, and parts availability. Apple green wheels were likely used on a black body with apple green pinstripe. The car as shown should have black wire wheels IMHO. I don't mind the white walls. 

The previous owner that this guy got it from swore that those colors on the rims and car are accurate to when it was new, I just wonder who walked into a dealership and ORDERED that combo 😂 

4 hours ago, DavidinCA said:

Without adding up the value, I’d say a 20s car is fundamentally different than either the Studebaker or the Fiat.  I don’t know if you’ve driven one, but they are slow, no synchromesh, and quirky. A Model A might be somewhat less quirky than most, but it is by no stretch a modern car. They are a blast, but think about a comfortable cruising speed of 40 or so.  If you live somewhere more rural than suburban it will be fun, but in a congested area, it’s far from ideal.  I wouldn’t think of a Model A as more practical than the Fiat, maybe just a different type of impractical.  

All that said, if you’re happy with the trade, go for it.

By more practical I mean strictly in the sense that it has more storage and usable rear seats. 

My wheels would be turning trying to find a way to keep the Studebaker and grab the A.  That era and design of Studebakers is iconic to me and is truly my pick of all three vehicles.  

Sorry for being no help in your question, this is the downside to posting this kind of stuff publicly, and grabbing an A is something you can do at any time.  They are plentiful.  

Relative to your question......should you do this..........I sense from your posts that you are excited about this trade and want to make it happen, so I would say go for it.  

• Like 4

Keep the Starlight Coupe. That car was so ahead of its time that Stude had no idea how to improve on it.

There must be a Fiat 850 Spider enthusiast club somewhere. Take it to car shows with a For Sale sign on it and a 5’1” woman will fall in love with it just like pixies did with the 1st gen Miata. I remember when the 850 was new, no real demand in the US.

Did I mention keeping the Starlight coupe?