1933 Studebaker President Production numbers

Does anyone reading here have production numbers for both series of the 1933 Studebaker Presidents, the 80's and 90's? I am looking at a project and am wondering what the production numbers were, which will affect finding and locating needed parts. Next, how interchangeable are parts between the 1931-32 and 33 Presidents.

Al

Edited by alsfarms
Clarity (see edit history)

What, besides wheelbase, is the differences between the 80 and 90 Presidents? Would the Antique Studebaker Club have actual production numbers for the 1933 Model year? With the chatter about the similarities between the Studebaker President 8 and the Pierce-Arrow 8, do the heads interchange?

Al

33s are model 92.  Dick Quinn has the production numbers.  I think less than 400.  Pierce heads have a larger combustion chamber and would lower ratio on a president.  you're referring to 80 and 90 and they are 31.    91 are 32.   What are you looking at?

• Like 1

Here is some information I found scrounging on the internet for the 1933 Studebaker line.

Series 56 6 cylinder, 230 CID, total production 6861

Series 73 8 cylinder, 235 CID, total production 3841

Series 82 8 cylinder, 250 CID, total production 1194

Series 92 8 cylinder, 337 CID, total production  635

Of course, we have learned that not all internet information can be taken as gospel, however, this information seems in order. What are the thoughts of this group of Studebaker enthusiasts?

The 1933 President project car, I am looking at, is a sedan type. I do not yet know the wheelbase or the CID yet. It is fully unrestored, which is a deterrent with parts missing.  If I can get pictures and very specific information, I will share here.

Al

There are many differences 

I have an engine and intake/exhaust manifold for a 1933 8 cylinder.

Robert Kapteyn

I  am not yet going to my warehouse after my surgery

815-212-2389

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

That is a nice Studebaker. It certainly looks like a Model 92, with a long wheel-base. Do you know how many of the series 82 Presidents still exist? I am thinking that the project car, I am looking at, is a Model 82 with a short wheel-base.

Al

Edited by alsfarms
Clarity (see edit history)

The series 82 President used the 250 cu in straight 8 while the series 92 used the 337 cu in engine.  The big engine is about 4 inches longer.  The 250 cu in block looks the same up to 1937; after that the water pump was moved from the side to the front of the engine through 1942, but internal parts are mostly the same. The frame pieces and engine mounts are different between models 82 and 92.  Switching between engines would not be simple.

• Like 1