For Sale: 1929 Dodge DA 6 4dr Sedan - $16,000 - Prince George, VA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1929 Dodge DA 6 4dr Sedan - $16,000 - Prince George, VA

1929 Dodge DA 6 for sale by owner - Prince George, VA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1929 Dodge DA 6. This is a very solid stock car. Dark blue with blue interior. New carb rebuilt master cylinder and starter in the last year. The car is located in Virginia. No trades please. $16,000.
Copy and paste in your email: 8f38335ed2cf38c8ae2dab2fedf678a1@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1929 Dodge DA 6 4dr Sedan.

'29 Dodge DA 6 VA a.jpg

'29 Dodge DA 6 VA b.jpg

'29 Dodge DA 6 VA c.jpg

'29 Dodge DA 6 VA d.jpg

'29 Dodge DA 6 VA e.jpg

'29 Dodge DA 6 VA f.jpg

'29 Dodge DA 6 VA g.jpg

'29 Dodge DA 6 VA h.jpg

'29 Dodge DA 6 VA i.jpg

• Like 6

Very nice car for Model A money! You don't get the Ford's wonderful club network and parts support, but this car has some great features, including a seven main bearing engine, full pressure oiling (with a filter!) and 4 wheel hydraulic brakes. 

• Like 2

Kind of odd the 8 cylinder had 5 main bearings and you say the 6 cylinder had 7 main bearings. I do know from having owned and disassembled two of the first 8's that I won't own another one. A 6 cylinder with 7 mains is a much better design and parts are much more available. 

This is a very attractive automobile and I would be proud to own it. 

56 minutes ago, Fossil said:

Kind of odd the 8 cylinder had 5 main bearings and you say the 6 cylinder had 7 main bearings. I do know from having owned and disassembled two of the first 8's that I won't own another one. A 6 cylinder with 7 mains is a much better design and parts are much more available. 

This is a very attractive automobile and I would be proud to own it. 

The 7 main six follows the pattern of the first Chryslers, designed by Zeder, Breer and Skelton. That engine was very advanced for it's time (1924) but redesigned with 4 main bearings beginning in 1930. No doubt cheaper to manufacture.

The "big" eight used in the Imperial also followed this pattern (9 main bearings!) , where as the smaller eight was more closely related to the redesigned six, which continued in use (with updates) into the late 60's.  

Edited by Leif in Calif (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1