1953 Mercury woodie wagon - $35,000 OBO

Looks nice, prices seems "in there"   That red top detracts, but is probably correct....

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/lincoln-1953-mercury-woodie-wagon/7727489250.html#

1953 Mercury Monterey Stationwagon 9 passenger. rebuilt flathead 3 speed with overdrive. new maple wood new chrome, new paint, deluxe interior , . deluxe steering wheel. .duel exhaust with headers . for details 916 316-2367. woodie club member for over 40 years, #1107. MAKE OFFER

1953 Mercury woodie wagon 100t0t_hdqftli9DfA_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00P0P_k4vvXn0S8LL_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00Z0Z_krU4G14NDBU_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00V0V_k9ZrfCWIFT_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00x0x_knbxDsOYulx_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

I think that the interior looks good, but probably not correct. The Red and Black detracts from the wood which should be the star on the exterior. Seems like a fair price. 

Condition looks good and these flat head powered faux woody wagons are very desirable.

6 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

That red top detracts, but is probably correct....

I'm wondering how original that tri-tone paint scheme is. It makes the exterior look a little busier than it needs to be. Can't find any other examples like this, but that doesn't mean anything.

If it turns out to not be original, I'd think that it would be easily and fairly inexpensively fixed by painting the top black. Since the roof isn't adjacent to other black body panels, getting an exact color match would be less critical.

• Like 2

This wagon has been listed on craigslist since the first of December, 2023, starting at $40,000.

8 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

That red top detracts, but is probably correct....

1 hour ago, kingrudy said:

I think that the interior looks good, but probably not correct.

Two tone paint seems to be unique to this example, as neither the factory brochures nor the internet show any others.  The interior appears to be the correct factory pattern as the brochure has one pictured in green and white. The colors of the fake wood on original examples and in the brochure appear much more closely matched than the subject wagon which look like three different patterns and colors.

Picture 7 of 12

Picture 7 of 12

Another red/white "woody" interior:

red and white interior of a 53 Mercury Monterey Station Wagon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2