US$ 164,000. 1911 Pierce Arrow 6 Cylinders, very rare, complete, needs assembly, Clermont-Ferrand, ZZ, France, Europe

718 is a New York area code. I like it al lot, but have no idea about the price. Did PA make this model of is it actually a speedster? 

• Like 1

It has the makings of a very desirable Brass Era car. Hard to say if the bodywork is 100% original or not. A person would have to do a very careful in person inspection, preferably along with someone with a good depth of knowledge about early teens Pierce's. But my gut tells me that's a somewhat optimistic price. On the other hand cars like this rarely come on the market so who knows ?

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This has been on several ads over the past 10 years.  I called about it when it was supposedly located in Oregon, but in fact it wasn't available to be seen there.  It was built using mostly original parts.  I believe the body is a reproduction of castings that seem to be quality work.  I believe the seller at the time I called told me it was not an original 1911 motor as evidenced by the starter and generator.  I could be wrong as it is only from my memory I am making these comments.  I apologize in advance if I am wrong.  I would like to have it to try and finish.  I do remember the price being around $50K at the time.

Just remembered I also saw this later listed as being for sale in Alaska.

• Like 1

That square Westinghouse generator and distributor on its rear end serving the intake side plugs says 1916-1918 to me.  Many components have the engine number (same as chassis number) stamped into them, so those numbers would be helpful.

• Thanks 1