attacks by Fordy and E-116-YH

E-116-YH said:
Sometimes taking part in this forum one would think that Nazi Germany was alive and well. Just my humble opinion!

Fordy said:

I dare one of the mods to remove that for one of their spurious reasons.
If they think I have been raising hell over deleted posts -"they aint seen nothing yet" if yours goes AWOL

---

Counting to 10 on this... 1-Mississippi, 2 Mississippi...

I'm done with both of them. 30-day bans for both of them.

Chime in before I pull that trigger.

• Like 1
  • Peter Gariepy changed the title to attacks by Fordy and E-116-YH

@Peter Gariepy

Fordy sent me a PM a few days ago and started in on me with is disrespectful attitude. After trying to reason with him with no success, I pretty much just hung up the phone on him and moved on. You can't reason with that guy.

I would be happy to invite you into the PM discussion we had if you would like to read it.

EDIT: I invited you into the PM conversation.

1 hour ago, Peter Gariepy said:

E-116-YH said:
Sometimes taking part in this forum one would think that Nazi Germany was alive and well. Just my humble opinion!

He deleted that post but I found it and I could still read what he wrote. That post he deleted should be restored so other forum members can read it and see what we have to put up with. I think it's a mistake to allow people to post BS like this for others to see ,and then be able to go back and delete it. It happens too often.

E-116-YH was banned for a month.  he removed his post, but did not make a public retraction.

I'll let Fordy's rant live on for the time being.   From my perspective, he's looking like a fool.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Phillip Cole said:

This ongoing debate about moderation with Fordy.

I have no problem with the banning of E-116-YH. 

Phillip,

Peter was just trying to understand Fordy and explain the way we moderate posts here. I guess it got out of hand as Fordy wanted to continue to push his claims. Years ago when I was busy here, like PeterG, I'd just post the rules and explain,

"There are the reasons!"

End of discussion.

Like to too short to argue with some of these guys.

Wayne

26 minutes ago, R W Burgess said:

Life to too short to argue with some of these guys

I suspect what I was doing was exactly that. :)

I get @Phillip Cole's point.

In my defense, deleting a post like Fordy's might be perceived as justifying his point.  Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Oy Vey. :)

• Haha 1