Trim pieces with thin lines. serious bolt on attachment. Guessing 1960s(?)

m-mman

Found these when cleaning up. Wracked my brain, they dont seem to be anything I am familiar with. (my own cars) 

Four retaining bolts on each, that's a serious attachment. 

One end is square, the other is slightly angled. 

trim1.jpg

trim2.jpg

trim3.jpg

These pieces are very similar to both '60's Buick Riviera and '60's Ford Fairlane or Galaxie lower door/quarter panel or rocker trim. If there aren't part #s on the pieces, you'd need to compare them with a complete car ot search the net, year by year.

7 hours ago, m-mman said:

Found these when cleaning up. Wracked my brain, they dont seem to be anything I am familiar with. (my own cars) 

Four retaining bolts on each, that's a serious attachment. 

One end is square, the other is slightly angled. 

CT is on it

Here's a 66 Fairlane lower front section from the web

image.png.8b6d5364c2e159309110f7030e212381.png

32 minutes ago, drwatson said:

Because of the studs with necessary back access, they might mount to the rear edge of a trunk lid.

Also the length of 25" each, would make sense to be two parts to a trunk trim.  Having a center trim cover with maybe a key lock hole???

Yeah, these were my thoughts too.  
no part or other numbers of course.  ☹️

they are clean and not rusted so I don’t think they were near the road surface…..

The four bolt mounting is “excessive” but maybe not if it was mounted to a door or trunk lid.  

And I have never had or been around any Riverias. I have had many 1964-66 Mercurys and they are similar but not correct. 

Strange, I’ll keep trying. 

My guess is they're the horizontal finish panels that attach to the rear bumper of a 1965 Lincoln on either side of the license plate. Those bolt on attachments are too heavy-duty for fastening a stainless moulding to a door, trunk, or rocker panel. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The 55er said:

My guess is they're the horizontal finish panels that attach to the rear bumper of a 1965 Lincoln on either side of the license plate. Those bolt on attachments are too heavy-duty for fastening a stainless moulding to a door, trunk, or rocker panel. 

I think you nailed it 55er

2172038-1965-lincoln-continental-std.jpg

51 minutes ago, The 55er said:

My guess is they're the horizontal finish panels that attach to the rear bumper of a 1965 Lincoln

Damn you are good!

Yup makes sense. I have had Lincoln’s of this era. 

thanks.