Radio Boyce Moto-Meter Help Needed

WTSHNN

Posting this for a fellow member who isn't online, he writes;

Trying to find some patent drawings related to the following information. I have spent some time trying to do so on the internet with no luck. Here is all the information that I know about the "Radio Boyce Moto-Meter":
"The Motometer Company Inc., Long Island City, NY, USA.....Patented Mar. 17-14, July 16-18, Aug. 13-18".

Have tried the patent search to no avail. There has to be some information on just how to restore this thing.

Anybody have any info on this? 

DSCN3374.jpg.bbc6a951f2181bdcf43fa17f568d2f85.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WTSHNN said:

Posting this for a fellow member who isn't online, he writes;

Trying to find some patent drawings related to the following information. I have spent some time trying to do so on the internet with no luck. Here is all the information that I know about the "Radio Boyce Moto-Meter":
"The Motometer Company Inc., Long Island City, NY, USA.....Patented Mar. 17-14, July 16-18, Aug. 13-18".

Have tried the patent search to no avail. There has to be some information on just how to restore this thing.

Anybody have any info on this? 

DSCN3374.jpg.bbc6a951f2181bdcf43fa17f568d2f85.jpg

That looks like it's in pretty good shape, what needs to be restored?

• 3 weeks later...

You don't need the patent information to restore it.   The restoration is just plating and maybe glass replacement.  Replacement thermometers are available from Restoration Supply. 

Restoration Supply Company – Authentic, hard to find restoration supplies and accessories for the antique automobile and marine enthusiast (restorationstuff.com)

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Shaw said:

You don't need the patent information to restore it.   The restoration is just plating and maybe glass replacement.  Replacement thermometers are available from Restoration Supply. 

Could it be nickel plate?

the original plating may polish up well, sending that casting which may be zinc based to a plated who doesn't often deal with smallish objects with detail may be a hazard.