F/S: 1979 to 1985 BUICK RIVIERA, Original, GM Logo Accessory Rubber Trunk Mat. Very Good Condition.

Jolly_John

This is a genuine GM accessory rubber trunk mat. It's designed to lay on top of the standard factory trunk carpet. Very lightly used. Fits 1979-1985 BUICK RIVIERA. May also fit other BUICK's  of this approximate vintage.  This mat measures 46" across at its widest point and 28-3/4" front to back. Note the factory relief in the mat to accommodate the trunk latch tower.

I removed this original GM accessory trunk mat from the trunk of a low-mileage RIVIERA many years ago. The mat is in very good condition. Very flexible, no wear evident, only lightly used for a few years early in its life.

The price is $120, plus the shipping. Thanks for looking. John

049(900x598).jpg.38738e4e752650fba107056765c7115c.jpg050(900x675).jpg.5976ceb76b77614ffcaa261aeb5585f1.jpg

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)

• Jolly_John changed the title to F/S: 1979 to 1985 BUICK RIVIERA, Original, GM Logo Accessory Rubber Trunk Mat. Very Good Condition.
Posted (edited)

Yes, it would, EmTee! 7,600 miles...very nice...IF accurate. The poor condition of the donut spare tire is odd. The RIV is oddly missing the spare tire fabric cover, which is usually present even in high mileage RIVIERA's. Not what you'd expect in a cream puff.  Installation of an aftermarket stereo amp in the trunk seems strange addition to such a conservative, low-mileage RIV that was going to be babied, and not used much. The seller also notes he "replaced front rotors and brake pads and replaced front-end suspension arms and linkage"...not work one would think needed at 7,000 miles. And finally (at least for me), the undercarriage photos don't scream 7,000 miles. I mean think how few miles 7,000 actually are. Not much should happen to a car in that few miles, including build-up of crud on the undercarriage and suspension. 

As with most collector cars, an interested buyer would really have to inspect this car in person and give it one heck of a good test drive. After all, $17,000 is not chump change for this vintage of RIV. Thanks for posting. John

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EmTee said:

Would look good on this...

Yes and for $17K worth it if it truly has only 7,500 miles on the clock. However, Houston has a mild climate. With proper maintenance both, the exterior and interior can be kept "as new" for a long time if a non smoker and shielded from that southern sun.

When I sold my 1st new car, an '87 Grand National with a pile of miles on it and severe lacquer checking all over, the Buyer was amazed how I kept the interior "as new". This was without seat and dashboard cover. The fabric was simply scotch guarded when new.

Strange how the Seller claiming he purchased from the original Owner only in 2022 and couldn't confirm the mileage with him? Beware!

I like how one of the attributes includes: 

• "Full front-end lubed up with quality grease"

• 4 weeks later...