Looking for factory sheet metal for 53 Buick Skylark and 57 Buick Century coupe restorations

samco

I'm restoring a 53 Skylark and some of the floor repairs are substandard so would like to find factory sheet metal if possible. I also need to replace rear floor pans on a 57 Buick Century coupe. Please let me know if you have any to sell or ideas on who to check with. Any information you can share on interchangeability would be great. I haven't had good luck with most reproduction floors, but am open to suggestions.

Thanks Lance. I tried messaging Buick Jim but just joined the AACA forum so it won't let me message him so need to find another way to reach him. This is my 57 Buick Century

57 Buick Century Coupe.JPG

• Like 2

Rust repair is a pain for sure and  finding sheetmetal  parts for the 53 floor is tough to say the least. I have a few decent  floor braces lying about if you need them.  I found a 53 RM four door with a good  floor and rockers.  The dimensions worked out it fits the convertiable with very little modification.  Not sure how rusted your floors are please post a few pictures We all like to follow projects. The knowledge on the forum is a great help. I stated going down the repair path on my project thinking no one has done this type of repair. I wish I had scanned the forum first it would have saved me a time for sure.  Old tank has repaired a rusted convertible he has some great ideas on his thread. Others have done repairs on rusted cars with some innovative ideas. 

I might have other parts and pieces for a floor repair lying around in my barn let me know what you need. 

Very nice looking 57 and shop

Steve

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 12:16 AM, samco said:

Thanks Lance. I tried messaging Buick Jim but just joined the AACA forum so it won't let me message him so need to find another way to reach him. This is my 57 Buick Century

57 Buick Century Coupe.JPG

Yes @1957buickjimshould get a notification...a couple years ago he had a complete front and rear floorpan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I found a 58 Buick parts car. Can anyone confirm that 57 and 58 Buick floor pans interchange? They look the same to me but hoping others would know before I buy a parts car.

On my 53 Skylark, I connected with Ken Mitson. He makes reproduction floors for 53s. Has anyone installed them? I need to see how my rockers and floor braces are and see whether they need replacing. 

• Like 1