1949 Packard 8 - $8,550 (Louisville, CO)

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/louisville-1949-packard/7720951556.html

1949 Packard under restoration. 2nd owner for the last 56 years. This is a manual transmission w/overdrive always garaged, but hasn't been licensed the last 38 years. Glass, chrome, paint, engine, tires, battery all very good. New plugs, points, spark plug harness, cooling hoses, muffler, fuel pump, etc. Still needs work on gas tank (alcohol corrosion), clutch (clutch plate stuck to fly wheel, had all new parts), brakes (new brake parts installed need bleeding and adjustment), and front seat upholstery (mole hair warn and torn) to complete. The interior is very good except for front seat. Have spare, jack, 2 snow tires on rims, manual and car cover. Extra parts include 6 v. bulbs, mats, battery core, fender skirts, old brake cylinders, old front brake shoes, and more. I am 82 and don't have the energy to complete this project. This was my wife's first car and would like to see it go back into service. Sold as is. Sorry, we don't have the original Montana title as it was a piece of art. We do have a clean Colorado title. VIN is 2392 I2bI2 and not what they changed under posting format. Bill - (303) 666-5305

email - cc3252535a523fe68cf21d2cc4fd3a02@sale.craigslist.org

01414_3aLQhJZwcjY_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00E0E_dzwEoqrJpen_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00808_dOlYdY6gXTW_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00404_9UFb5bsXezw_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 4

This looks like a worthy project at a reasonable price for someone with the skills to do the work.  Interior looks very nice, notwithstanding the comment about lack of "mole hair" on front seat.  Trap a few moles and problem solved!   Dash looks particularly nice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, neil morse said:

This looks like a worthy project at a reasonable price for someone with the skills to do the work.  Interior looks very nice, notwithstanding the comment about lack of "mole hair" on front seat.  Trap a few moles and problem solved!   Dash looks particularly nice.

Moles have very short hair so it would take more than a few! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, neil morse said:

Trap a few moles and problem solved! 

Careful don’t share any secrets with the moles, they’re not all that they a-pier…..

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Still Available, Price Reduced to  $7,495: 5-29-2024.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/louisville-1949-packard-2nd-owner/7751979027.html

1949 Packard Eight 4dr Sedan, 23rd Series, 2nd Owner - $7,495 (Louisville, CO)

Seller's Description:

This is a Montana car purchased from 1st owner in 1968. It has been garaged ever since and been in its current location the last 40 years. It has all original equipment including overdrive, trailer hitch, and partial restore started. New front brake shoes, ignition wires, wheel cylinders and rebuilt master, current tune up, cooling hoses, battery, fuel pump, fluids, etc. No rust, good paint, no dents, chrome trim in good condition, all glass good and all windows function . Interior original with headliner and back seat in good condition but mohair damage in drivers seat. All gauges function and are original. Comes with spare, 2 snow tires on rims, original owner's manual, jack, and some extra parts.

Still needs gas tank corrosion fixed and the clutch disk unstuck from flywheel. New owner will have to tow away as do not have gas to the engine. I cannot finish the restoration due to my health, but only a few items left. We have had this baby for 56 years and wish to see it on the road again. No trades and cash only. This is the 50th anniversary model and the Packard plant is being torn down in Detroit this year. Sad. odometer: 66145

Copy and Paste into your email: f756097d50c336ef921195cfef03d54d@sale.craigslist.org

• Like 1

I think this is one of the better sounding projects that have been posted!

Long term ownership of a well cared for car that needs some work high labor but relatively low parts price work. Makes me start thinking...

(sorry no room here...) 

• Like 1