1977 Lincoln Town Coupe with Glass Top $6,999

I know we discussed this model of Lincoln with the Glass Roof before, just not sure if it was this one. 

Marketplace - 1977 Lincoln Continental | Facebook

Extremely rare glass top Town Coupe. 460, forged aluminum rims, power seat, power windows work. BRAND new tires, Car runs, drives and stops. It needs a headliner, wiper switch, clean title in my name in hand. Some rust, but overall, it’s a very solid car.

Product photo of 1977 Lincoln Continental

• Like 3

That's a very interesting factory option I was not aware of. Henry Ford wanted complete control of every component and they were the only automaker who produced their own glass, beginning in 1923. It don't remember when it was spun off, perhaps about the time they had to get rid on Motorcraft (1973?) but the last plant closed about 2008, although some glass is still be produced with the Carlite logo. 

It’s likely to be a very unpleasant surprise when you pull the vinyl top.  I have a 74 and the top was a bit crunchy in places, so I thought how bad can it be.  Now I know.  I still love the car, but it was a very involved fix.

Guys I appreciate that this isn’t a perfect car but it is a neat project car. Priced accordingly probably with more room to go down.  Needs $10,000 to $15,000 body work. 

I’m not painting it pale yellow. I hate that color as much as white.  I’d get a 77 Lincoln color chart and go dark.  

I don’t know how much you know about these, but as I learned the hard way, to get the trim around the vinyl top off including the band over the roof and do it correctly, you end up disassembling a lot of the interior.  It’s not difficult, but it likely means a new headliner, or at least removing and reinstalling the current one.  I think your $10-15k estimate is spot on.  I’m looking forward to pictures of it finished.