1969 Impala Custom

I know that I posted a picture of my Impala in another thread, but I thought it should be here with the other unrestored vehicles... it's a 327 / 235HP with a turbo350 with 7000 miles, it's all original. I purchase it in 2004 out of Audubon, Mn with 4900 miles. There were two previous owners: Henry Anderson from Wayzata, Mn. who took delivery on September 9, 1969 from "Village Chevrolet Co." in Wayzata. Then at some point, Ms. Gloria Van Nyhuis of Nevis, MN purchased the Impala. It was purchased at an estate sale from a Ebay "flipper" who I purchase it from.  I think I paid $14,000 for the car back in 2004.

image.png.f3117a3b4254b27283b762da14092872.png

image.png.d9ae689a54c1ab61a0a2b0130c4fd7ee.png

image.png.a9d8b5b942398608efd9d4b4cc51fa98.png

image.png.a4c1d21d3cc9bcfa645f46e7ea254ce6.png

image.png.fd29aa227fba2ed2e1164f0288972fa5.png

• Like 13

Very nice. I have a soft spot for those. 
Might be a stretch. I will have to check with my dad and see if I maybe had a 'Uncle Henry'

I am closer to Nevis than I am to Wayzata, but stranger things have happened I guess. 

4 hours ago, PAV8427 said:

I will have to check with my dad and see if I maybe had a 'Uncle Henry'

That would be very cool...... I've contacted the Chevrolet Dealership to see if they had any records going back that far..... they didn't. There is a door service sticker from 1980 at that dealership of an oil change with just over 1000 miles listed.

Edited by STEVE POLLARD (see edit history)

I love it!  I was going to ask you if you still have the original wheels and wheel covers -- then I saw the trunk photo!  327 with the TH350 is a great combination.  Seems like most 327s wound-up with the Powerglide.  Apparently Henry knew exactly what he wanted!  Beautiful!  ;)

• Thanks 1

Village Chevrolet is still in business. We used to go there often for parts as young lads. Parts & service was open until midnight.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/15/2024 at 1:17 PM, PAV8427 said:

Very nice. I have a soft spot for those. 
Might be a stretch. I will have to check with my dad and see if I maybe had a 'Uncle Henry'

I am closer to Nevis than I am to Wayzata, but stranger things have happened I guess. 

PAV8427 - just curious how you made out with your father if you had an uncle....

Have had less than 6 degrees of seperation at times but unfortunatly no 6 degrees of seperation here. Uncle Henry was on another branch of the family. 
Would have been a unique experience if it was. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Steve, your Impala is one of the nicest unrestored cars I've seen on this forum! I always love looking at it.

I was trying to remember if the '69 four door full sized Chevy my dad bought in 1970 had a 327 or 350 in it, so I asked recently my brother. He said he thought it was like a 307, but I don't remember it being that. Would they have put a 307 in an Impala in '69? I remember our car being an Impala, but maybe it was a lower level model. It was a four door hardtop, I believe, and my older brother concurs. It was my impression that the 307 was the bottom of the line V8 for Chevy in the late '60's. I was only 11 at the time so I may not be remembering correctly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamesR said:

Would they have put a 307 in an Impala in '69?

Hi James and thanks for your kind words....I don't recall a 307 in the Chevrolet full-size, I believe that the 307 was common in the Nova and Chevelle models. The Impalas, Caprice, Biscayne and Bel Air had a 6 cylinder and then the 327, 350, 398 and 427 variants .

Steve

• Thanks 1