1923-4-35 Buick

Hi club members, my name is Darryl I’ve only recently purchased a lovely old Buick have joined club to see if I can find out information on my vehicle. The engine number starts with B. Can anyone tell me what it stands for the vehicle was built in America and put together by General Motors Holden in Australia in 1923. I’m trying to find information on the vehicle. Regards Darryl

20 hours ago, Darryl Donohue said:

Hi club members, my name is Darryl I’ve only recently purchased a lovely old Buick have joined club to see if I can find out information on my vehicle. The engine number starts with B. Can anyone tell me what it stands for the vehicle was built in America and put together by General Motors Holden in Australia in 1923. I’m trying to find information on the vehicle. Regards Darryl

The B maybe an 8.  Do you have a photo of the engine?   From a Norm Darwin book 1923 Buick started from 826497.

You may have an AU manufactured body on an imported chassis.  That was the common practise at that time. But some were CKD (completely knocked down).  Extract from Darwin book "The History of Holden since 1917"

pg 13 extract.jpg

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

Hi Darryl,

Welcome to the AACA forum and the world of Buick ownership. There are strong Buick clubs in NSW, Victoria, Queensland and West Australia that are worth joining, with many members owning prewar Buicks. There is also an Australian prewar Buick e-magazine that you can get sent to you as well. 

Please consider posting some photos of your ‘23 and perhaps starting a blog under “Me and My Buick”

cheers

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀