Accident waiting to happen...

A screw jack firmly planted on the sod, a cigarette, oil-soaked clothes and barely enough room to wiggle (especially in case of an emergency). 

Thing is, he probably not only lived long enough to brag about it to his grandkids, but to show them this picture.

SHORPY-8b22005a.jpg?itok=GNxBmhFc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reynard said:

A screw jack firmly planted on the sod, a cigarette, oil-soaked clothes and barely enough room to wiggle (especially in case of an emergency). 

Thing is, he probably not only lived long enough to brag about it to his grandkids, but to show them this picture.

SHORPY-8b22005a.jpg?itok=GNxBmhFc

Don't be ridiculous, It's perfectly safe. Ask one of these guys.

2 Or this.jpg

Face shields.png

Safety vests.png

• Haha 4

Years ago my next door neighbor would work on his POS Chrysler Cordoba in his front yard,pulling the car right up to his front porch where he could see to work on it by the porch light.I had a smooth concrete drive and I told him to use my drive to work on the car.I told him to use my jack,jack stands,compressor,drop lights,and any of my tools he might need. He never took me up on it.

One night his wife came over,beating on our door screaming,"the car fell on Steve." My wife and I ran over and were able to lift the car enough for him to get free. His head was mashed down into the grass and dirt enough that that he wasn't hurt,just scared the sxxt out of him.Had he been on something hard,it would have killed the stupid bastard.

• Like 1

Between 1890 and 1950 there were a lot of them born on a kitchen table with only a few squirrels as a source of protein up to age ten. They left a legacy and mentorship that can still be found today. Even with better healthcare and diet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1